Mahalo's 2019 trip to Desolation and the Broughtons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• bobatrest-6558.jpg
    bobatrest-6558.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 58
Went to Von Donop. I wouldn't say it was more magical than many other places, but it was quite nice. Right now I'm at Toba Wilderness. Now this place is spectacular. But here is a cool shot I got at Von Donop.

Attachments

• mahalo_vondonop-0094.jpg
    mahalo_vondonop-0094.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 61
Toba Wilderness Lodge. Now THIS place is spectacular. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• toba3-0102.jpg
    toba3-0102.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 57
  • toba3-7032.jpg
    toba3-7032.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 89
Bob:

I hope you stopped in at Manson's Landing after leaving Gorge. My first visit to Manson's was in 1971, on our honeymoon, when there were cabins to rent. Then the oysters on the beach were huge, the salmon plentiful and of course the new bride, so we keep going back to visit. Others will still find it an enchanting place.

A friend that we keep meeting up with went to Manson's and really enjoyed it. I don't think we will get there this trip though. Thx.

Great pictures. On that high elevation shot aren't you pushing wireless range for the drone? I guess it is supposed to return when it loses connectivity but it would be a nail biter. Or did you actually climb one of those foothills?

Great pictures. On that high elevation shot aren't you pushing wireless range for the drone? I guess it is supposed to return when it loses connectivity but it would be a nail biter. Or did you actually climb one of those foothills?

Specs say (Mavic Pro 2) it can reach altitude of 3.7 miles, and the range is 11 miles. I was up at about 1,300 feet if I recall. Crazy, isn't it?

And that's a wrap! When we are at home base in a few hours we will have put ~105 hours on the mains.

Beautiful last evening. Fun with the drone, this shot is from my son's DJI Spark, so doesn't have the resolution of my Mavic. He joined us for the last four days of the trip.

With internet connectivity at home I can post some more pictures. I'll definitely be doing quite a few blog posts. Happy to answer any questions TF'ers might have.

Mostly, everything got easier and easier as we went along and gained more experience.

Attachments

• dronefun.jpg
    dronefun.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 46
  • lastnightclouds-7552.jpg
    lastnightclouds-7552.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for the photos Bob. Love that one with you and your son on the boat! I’m glad you had such a great trip.

Would love to compare notes and experience from our recent trip up. We just got back from a mini return to the Gulf Islands. Hope all your mechanical issues were resolved and the rest of your trip care free.

Back
Top Bottom