Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was our penichette this Spring, at Narbonne, where we met Snow Mouse and his lovely wife. I'll write more about this soon.

Rats, I can't figure out why they are squint. Please forgive me, the first picture is NOT in Australia!

The second pic must be along the equator somewhere.:lol:

I don't think this boat has shown up before.

I saw these gems in a boat shop, Columbia, Mississippi.

IMG_6961.jpg
[/url]

Is that a "Boston" dinghy I see Benthic2? I have a 1970 that looks just like her.

Interesting for sure...it's a Roberts sailboat turned trawler which explanes the deep keel, and looks pretty unfinished inside which explains the price. Definitetly has potential!!

I think it's a Bell Boy, built in Bellingham WA.

Its actually a Stur-Dee Dory built in Tiverton RI. It was a 2004 Fiberglass Amesbury Dory...Great boat. very light, easy to tow or launch, very very seaworthy, flat bottom so it was easy to beach it....love it. Always got comments where ever I went in it.

Stur-dee Boat -

An MJM 50z paid us a visit at the waterfront over the weekend. Piloted by Peter Johnstone (son of Robert of J boat and MJM fame.) Nice guy, Impressive boat. 35 Knot cruise! MJM stands for Mary Johnstone's Motorboat (his Mom). High tech composites, triple Volvo IPS drives, GPS position holding and Joystick control. VERY Impressive (and a good tipper!)

7M4xaXOcixC-vi.jpg

bJ0izlm5dVF__CoYlcrcTq-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Does any of you know who designed the C-Kip and the Eurobanker 28s as mine has ballast tank bellow lower forward cabin floor .

Interesting for sure...it's a Roberts sailboat turned trawler which explanes the deep keel, and looks pretty unfinished inside which explains the price. Definitetly has potential!!

know the builder but was not aware of this construction. I'm guessing the interior work was done at a distant location.

Al-Ketchikan

Branson designed 65' "Thomas" Category B Dutch Barge.

Price shown for a new one is $326,000 Canadian...a lot of boat for the price!

Think I'd go for a somewhat larger engine...

Another cool trailerable boat; Dave Gerr's DR Northwest Cruiser, but this one's beachable on its box keel. As designed it carries 300 gallons of diesel with a 46hp engine...you could go a long ways from the boat ramp!

DR NORTHWEST CRUISER

Another cool trailerable boat; Dave Gerr's DR Northwest Cruiser, but this one's beachable on its box keel. As designed it carries 300 gallons of diesel with a 46hp engine...you could go a long ways from the boat ramp!

DR NORTHWEST CRUISER

Murray- Now that is a sensible craft! Put a keel on it, as I don't intend to be 'beaching' intentionally on not. I like all the remaining specs, make a good inside waters such as you and I have to play in. Good rain country boat for sure.

Editing my post to include this model by Gerr:

http://www.gerrmarine.com/ESCAPADE.html

I am a sucker for nostalgic boats cause I have a couple.
Al-Ketchikan

Last edited:
A keel on the DR Northwest Cruiser? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine...sneaking up a creek on a high tide, then letting the tide drop and settle the boat onto a sand bar. You could go exploring for a good 10 hours without worrying about a massive spruce log or Humpback Whale picking up your anchor and dragging your boat away.

Or...there's a storm coming...you could go into a small protected cove with a gradual beach, and if the timings right, you could "anchor" just below the higher high tide line (we have a lower high tide and a higher high tide each day in this area) which would give you a good 24 hours with absolutely zero chance of dragging anchor :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited:
A keel on the DR Northwest Cruiser? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine...sneaking up a creek on a high tide, then letting the tide drop and settle the boat onto a sand bar. You could go exploring for a good 10 hours without worrying about a massive spruce log or Humpback Whale picking up your anchor and dragging your boat away.

Or...there's a storm coming...you could go into a small protected cove with a gradual beach, and if the timings right, you could "anchor" just below the higher high tide line (we have a lower high tide and a higher high tide each day in this area) which would give you a good 24 hours with absolutely zero chance of dragging anchor :thumb: :thumb:[/QUOTE
]

I see and understand your point. I sneak up the creeks in my row boat and leave the larger boat on the hook. [Just installed a shore line reel on the canopy top. It is one of those plastic garden hose reels in a self contained reel container. As there is no strain on the shore line as it is tied off on a boat cleat, this works well. Holds over 300 feet of 1'2 nylon. (Thinking of replacing with poly line for the floating feature]

Keep an eye out for those whales and logs in any case. Logs are becoming rare, but the whales are increasing for sure.

Al

These boats are really, really nice! Ocean going and beachable... wow!! :dance:

You bet.

One thing I loved as a sea kayaker was being able to haul the kayaks out of the water during storms, which during the winter around here can last 5 days or so and go from 50 knots northerly outflow to 60 knots southwesterly in a day.

These boats would allow you to plunk them down in a protected spot during storms, or you could go on a river or ridge line hike for three days and not worry about the boat at all.

So many new possibilities...

Last edited:
Murray,
Re the DR NW Cruiser on the last page ... post 220
Very very nice hull.
But the fwd end if the cabin is really stupid looking.

Last edited:
Check these out, Al. Some photo's of larger box keel boats by Gerr resting on the sands: Beachable Boats

That rear tunnel hull design (Sea Bright) is something I've always wanted to see in a 34 LOA 8'6" beam boat. I see Gerr did it. Too bad the design is a bit too complicated for a home builder, building with wood and epoxy.

imag007.gif

ben2go,
There's a fairly well known Atkins boat w that hull.

ben2go,
There's a fairly well known Atkins boat w that hull.
I know there is one but I haven't came across the plans, yet. I'll do more research when I get back in the swing again.

Back
Top Bottom