Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #9701
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
A sailboat is heresy, but how about this:
https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...tina-43/255288
When I was young and sailing a boat, we used to call that a Maye West, for obvious reason......I forgot the reason.... LOL
__________________
Two days out the hospital after a week in the hospital because of a significant heart attack.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 09:05 PM   #9702
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,491
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 10:45 PM   #9703
Senior Member
 
Brisyboy's Avatar
 
City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Malagari
Vessel Model: Island Gypsy 36 Europa
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 420
Bruce,

Nice distraction from the Alaskan fishing- hope it works
__________________
George
Brisbane
IG 36 Europa
Brisyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:58 PM   #9704
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
A sailboat is heresy, but how about this:
https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...tina-43/255288
More about them here

Matilda's Journey
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:59 AM   #9705
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 13,245
We know some guys who finally got their Hans Christian. Did you all(y`all) check the pics of the interiors/? What a beautiful boat.
__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #9706
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Admired due to sheer bulk every time we see her



Great pogo stick headroom in ER,
https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...-vessel/247859
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #9707
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Another much admired one
70ft of steel although that may be davit end to bow.
Seems like great value to me



https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...cruiser/132510
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:46 PM   #9708
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
And this old girl
Reckon she's in AMSA survey yet $30k - gotta be a mistake
Almost worth it for the 8lxb Gardner alone



https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...rtyboat/233817
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:26 AM   #9709
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
And this old girl
Reckon she's in AMSA survey yet $30k - gotta be a mistake
Almost worth it for the 8lxb Gardner alone



https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...rtyboat/233817
Not a mistake.
From someone who knows she needs the quick $40k thrown at engine and hull but still makes a bloody cheap boat.

Oh to be young enough and silly enough to take the punt
Would need surgery to get side decks back and get a monster cockpit

Its the hull ours should have been built on.

Must......stop........looking.......
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:33 AM   #9710
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Another much admired one
70ft of steel although that may be davit end to bow.
Seems like great value to me



https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...cruiser/132510
Must be old ad.
Still has her under old name and old colour scheme.
Bargain in her current condition at that price.
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:14 AM   #9711
Senior Member
 
Kit_L's Avatar
 
City: Greenwell Point
Vessel Name: Suu Kyi
Vessel Model: Custom 40' catamaran
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 450
@Simi,

Re. https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...cruiser/132510

What is her new name and colour?
Kit_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #9712
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit_L View Post
@Simi,

Re. https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...cruiser/132510

What is her new name and colour?
She's called Windward Passage and is cream

Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:23 PM   #9713
Guru
 
City: Anacortes
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,189
Lots to like there, but the alternating and different line angles would need to be resolved for me to love her.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:40 PM   #9714
Guru
 
O C Diver's Avatar
 
City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Lots to like there, but the alternating and different line angles would need to be resolved for me to love her.


The forward windows with different rakes aesthetically ruins it for me.

Ted
__________________
Blog: mvslowhand.com
I'm tired of fast moves, I've got a slow groove, on my mind.....
I want to spend some time, Not come and go in a heated rush.....
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #9715
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by O C Diver View Post


The forward windows with different rakes aesthetically ruins it for me.

Ted

Me to, though aesthetically ruin may be a bit harsh.
But no boat is perfect and if that's all you can fault then I could live with it if the price was right.
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:55 AM   #9716
Guru
 
long-cours.62's Avatar
 
City: Szczecin
Vessel Name: Dryade
Vessel Model: Trawler 72
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 684
for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Me to, though aesthetically ruin may be a bit harsh.
But no boat is perfect and if that's all you can fault then I could live with it if the price was right.
all the second level ruin the aesthetic and the stability !Without this second level she could be a nice boat
long-cours.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:06 AM   #9717
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by long-cours.62 View Post
all the second level ruin the aesthetic and the stability !Without this second level she could be a nice boat :smitten:
Agreed! Correctly designed fly bridge... maybe. I do love piloting from a wide open bridge with bimini shade!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:18 AM   #9718
Guru
 
long-cours.62's Avatar
 
City: Szczecin
Vessel Name: Dryade
Vessel Model: Trawler 72
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 684
And don't speak about windage ...
long-cours.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:19 AM   #9719
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5,482
Having a boat with the second level, in use 365 days a year in all conditions, let me say that real life experience is that windage and stability for us is a non issue
With 4 ft extra beam it would be less again.

But the sleeping up top with plenty of ventilation and no a/c required vs for the rest of you, sleeping in the bowels of the beast with a hot engine for company.....priceless.
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #9720
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Having a boat with the second level, in use 365 days a year in all conditions, let me say that real life experience is that windage and stability for us is a non issue
With 4 ft extra beam it would be less again.

But the sleeping up top with plenty of ventilation and no a/c required vs for the rest of you, sleeping in the bowels of the beast with a hot engine for company.....priceless.
Yeah - that's true! But, in addition, your boat looks cool too!! The other simply doesn't...
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012