Old 05-28-2020, 06:30 PM   #8881
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatruptcy View Post
https://columbia.craigslist.org/boa/...127102159.html

Really nice looking boat, not sure I buy the 28 miles per gallon. FD hull on a small little boat.

The owner, or former owner, was on this forum. He had a thread about adding heating to the boat. It is a pretty nice ride.

What a pain in the transom.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:58 PM   #8882
Guru

City: Looking
Vessel Name: --
Vessel Model: Between boats
Florida AICW. Wild.
Attached Thumbnails
P1100217 (Large).jpg  
m/v SCOUT Projects Page
boathealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:54 PM   #8883
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Quote:
Originally Posted by boathealer View Post
Florida AICW. Wild.
Violently painful skin reaction to direct sunshine?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:52 PM   #8884
Guru

City: Looking
Vessel Name: --
Vessel Model: Between boats
@Palm Coast, FL
Attached Thumbnails
20200529_194030.jpg  
boathealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #8885
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Quote:
Florida AICW. Wild.
With a low bow, everything aft of the bow needs to be water tight?
Old 05-29-2020, 08:48 PM   #8886

City: florida
Quote:
@Palm Coast, FL
Love it
boatruptcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:50 PM   #8887
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDan1943 View Post
With a low bow, everything aft of the bow needs to be water tight?
For some pleasure boat designs... I recall in the 60's when "hognose" [e.g. low bow] hulls began to come on the scene. Some builders and purchasers felt that look was "cool".

Never liked their look and it is obvious by the laws of physics that for sea keeping/handling purposes the hognose is dangerous during rough wave conditions.

I wouldn't own a hognosed boat on a bet!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:04 AM   #8888
Guru

I will admit, I could use extra 5 feet on the length of of boat but, over all, I am pleased with my 34ft AT. Every day I should get up, kiss it transom and be thankful for pleasure it brings me.
If the boat were bigger it would just have bigger and perhaps more problems. The design and factory equipped AT is fantastic as an ICW and near coastal boat. Sure it lacks a bigger hanging closet. Only way to cure that is buy a bigger boat. That’s not going to happen. Yup, the NovaKool fridge wont keep the ice cream hard..... I installed a Stainless Lobster and additional 1/2 insulation board, hoping that would help but, it hasn’t. SHRUG. I installed a fuel polishing system and have determined, it’s a nice thing to have and if there were water or crap in the tanks, it would pretty much cure the problem..... The main engine and generator run fine, the A/Cs are relatively new and the soft-start installed on the 16K A/C will make that A/C less of a strain on the Gen when loading up. I have added 5 or 6 additional cabinet made and installed. The hyd assist to raise the owner’s mattress has added significantly to the storage. The Nav equipment could be updated but it works so maybe I will leave that to the next owner. My boat is basically ‘done’. If the next owner doesn’t like or appreciate the upgrades in installed, he can jump up my whosits and not buy my boat.
Yup, I look at the bigger boats both here and in the marina...... What I have learned is, with some exceptions, the larger the boat, the less it leaves the dock.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #8889
Guru

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Quote:
Yup, the NovaKool fridge wont keep the ice cream hard..... I installed a Stainless Lobster and additional 1/2 insulation board, hoping that would help but, it hasnít.

Which model NovaKool do you have? My RFU9000 will keep ice cream hard enough for short term storage, around 5 - 10* F if it's kept in the loop portion of the evap. Definitely not ideal for long term ice cream storage though.
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #8890
Guru

City: Seattle
Quote:
Yup, I look at the bigger boats both here and in the marina...... What I have learned is, with some exceptions, the larger the boat, the less it leaves the dock.
True and it's a general law of nature. I more readily will take my little VW out to the store than starting up my big pickup truck.

However, back to boats, I found that the more easily you setup your boat for a quick "takeoff" the more often you use it. I had my 65ft in a long term slip, and setup docklines for easy release. Could get that boat underway singlehanded within 10 minutes.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #8891
Guru

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Quote:
Originally Posted by makobuilders View Post
True and it's a general law of nature. I more readily will take my little VW out to the store than starting up my big pickup truck.

However, back to boats, I found that the more easily you setup your boat for a quick "takeoff" the more often you use it. I had my 65ft in a long term slip, and setup docklines for easy release. Could get that boat underway singlehanded within 10 minutes.

Agreed. At my marina, it seems like most of the sailboats see decent use. For the powerboats, the fishing charter boats see a ton of use, the small ones get used because it's easy, a lot of the mid sized ones do a lot of sitting. The ones at the larger end of the spectrum (there's nothing over 50 feet here at the moment) go out more, as it seems like most of us are more invested in boating than the mid-sized express cruiser crowd.
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #8892
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
Which model NovaKool do you have? My RFU9000 will keep ice cream hard enough for short term storage, around 5 - 10* F if it's kept in the loop portion of the evap. Definitely not ideal for long term ice cream storage though.
I have a NovaKool RFU 8000, 12vt, 6.8cuft.
I think the major difference is the size.
Yes, the part for the ice cube trays will keep the ice cream almost hard for a few days at the expense of fewer ice cube trays. The temp is 30-25F in the freezer box and even lower in the ice cube compartment. The temp in the fridge box is set for 38F but seldom reaches that point. That is my fault. I go into the fridge many times each day. The Stainless Lobsters automatically allows the fridge to shut off for as many minutes as you designate every user designated hours. This is supposedly to provide a pretend defrost cycle. In reality, it is not the compressor’s fault but rather the humidity inside the boxes that allows ice build up thereby reducing the efficiency of the unit. IF I went into the fridge once or twice a day, everything would operate per specs. LOL. I have put a louvered vent allowing more air behind the box and into the compressor area. I also added a natural convection vent out the back of the cabinet containing fridge. To be honest, I have not noticed any significant improvement after adding the additional 1/2 inch foam insulation board but still a worthwhile addition. Next I will add a computer 5 inch box fan to stir up the air in the compressor area and maybe a 3 inch fan to force the heated air out from behind the fridge.
That will take care of all possible improvements. The Stainless Lobster provides a box fan for inside the fridge box with all the necessary circuitry to control the unit. If I had the physical space on my AT, I would consider a different fridge/freezer. Ah, I forgot to mention, I did replace the door gaskets on both boxes.
The unit cannot be using much power because when I shut off the battery charger over night, there is no noticeable difference in the battery voltage or amp/hours used/remaining on the house batteries the next morning.
There is so much perfume one can put on the pig. IF I had my heart set on hard ice cream over a period of time, I guess I would have to consider an additional stand alone 12 volt freezer chest but, that’s another story.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #8893
Art
Guru

Quote:
I will admit, I could use extra 5 feet on the length of of boat but, over all, I am pleased with my 34ft AT. Every day I should get up, kiss it transom and be thankful for pleasure it brings me.
If the boat were bigger it would just have bigger and perhaps more problems. The design and factory equipped AT is fantastic as an ICW and near coastal boat. Sure it lacks a bigger hanging closet. Only way to cure that is buy a bigger boat. That’s not going to happen. Yup, the NovaKool fridge wont keep the ice cream hard..... I installed a Stainless Lobster and additional 1/2 insulation board, hoping that would help but, it hasn’t. SHRUG. I installed a fuel polishing system and have determined, it’s a nice thing to have and if there were water or crap in the tanks, it would pretty much cure the problem..... The main engine and generator run fine, the A/Cs are relatively new and the soft-start installed on the 16K A/C will make that A/C less of a strain on the Gen when loading up. I have added 5 or 6 additional cabinet made and installed. The hyd assist to raise the owner’s mattress has added significantly to the storage. The Nav equipment could be updated but it works so maybe I will leave that to the next owner. My boat is basically ‘done’. If the next owner doesn’t like or appreciate the upgrades in installed, he can jump up my whosits and not buy my boat.
To summarize tour post; i.e. words in song... 1970's!

It ain't the meat it's the motion... That makes your momma wanna rock... It ain't the meat it's the motion... It's the movement it isn't the stock!!

We love our 34' Tolly tri cabin. It's "meat" and its "motion" is what we enjoy on the waters we currently traverse. Our "momma" coat quickly leaves the slip and ... our momma-baby really wants to rock!

Old 06-05-2020, 10:50 PM   #8894
Guru

Outback 50

Shoal draft...3' for a 50 footer.

Pocket & keel protected props

https://www.outbackyachts.com
Old 06-06-2020, 12:13 AM   #8895
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Outback 50

Shoal draft...3' for a 50 footer.

Pocket & keel protected props

https://www.outbackyachts.com
Hmmm...has an “infinity deck” which is an open transom with removable safety railings. But...the engines are under big hatches on the aft deck where the lazarette normally is. Better be water/wave proof!
Old 06-06-2020, 12:27 AM   #8896
Guru

Although, the designer (Micheal Peters) has a good pedigree:

Quote:
Originally a one-man shop, Michael specialized in designing high-speed boats and quickly developed a reputation for style, performance, and quality. His designs have won 17 UIM Offshore World Championships, and over 200 more worldwide wins, including a sweep of 13 consecutive world championships from 2000 through 2012.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:43 AM   #8897
Art
Guru

Rides nice. Plenty room. Looks like really nice boat!
Old 06-06-2020, 01:11 AM   #8898
Guru

The other person involved, Andrew Cilla, president of Luke Brown Yachts, would be no slouch either.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:10 AM   #8899
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
It looks like a nice ride on flat water, but then most boats do. With the the lack of "bow up" angle on plane, wondering what 4' seas does to the ride.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #8900

City: florida
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2003...ition-7156885/
boatruptcy is offline   Reply With Quote