Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picture intensive, interesting boat from Australia:

Airwave

A little Fairchild Scout in there....with a chopped top! FS also made three that had mast. Cool little boat, I have the best one in my opinion, highly modified. Here it is on a trailer.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 171707732_4145155888882180_8887309951010379496_n.jpg
    171707732_4145155888882180_8887309951010379496_n.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 6256212_20170602053441072_1_XLARGE.jpg
    6256212_20170602053441072_1_XLARGE.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Sort of.....

When you go to sell you will get less than a used Fleming. Sure, you may be ahead in the short term. When a used Fleming sells it will get bring a higher price reflecting the higher initial price.

"There's nothing more expensive than a used boat" also applies to airplanes. I've seen friends buy a bargain airplane, put $100K (or lots more) into it and when they sell it doesn't get back all they put in it. I've bought some used, but almost new, planes for a premium that required no additional repairs and sold every one two or three years later for what I paid for it even after putting several hundred hours on it.

I feel I came out ahead of my friends.

I can't complain with my boat or aircraft purchases over the years. About 30 of each. However, the aircraft sold for MUCH higher and in all of my planes I sold them for more than paid, and sometimes enough to pay the operating costs for a few years. Not so with boats. Only sold a few for what I paid, but I totally expect that. However, that's what they cost and have zero regrets.

They all had value for me.

I can't complain with my boat or aircraft purchases over the years.

They all had value for me.

You certainly understand the meaning of life. It's nice when the spreadsheet works out in your favor. But, there's much more to life than the numbers.

You certainly understand the meaning of life. It's nice when the spreadsheet works out in your favor. But, there's much more to life than the numbers.

True, but the thread was about cost. Granted, it's nice to sell for what you paid and not "loose" money, but the experience is priceless, hoping it's a good one. I certainly can't complain about that, either.

1973 Hargrave Custom 65 in Florida. twin DD 871s.

Attachments

• 919DB30A-BA1D-4615-84DF-008A87AFCEB7.jpg
    919DB30A-BA1D-4615-84DF-008A87AFCEB7.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 59
@BruceK: that is a beautiful vessel. No pics of engine room or the auxiliary engine—and what IS that fender doing up there???

@BruceK: that is a beautiful vessel. No pics of engine room or the auxiliary engine—and what IS that fender doing up there???
At 118 hours the ER is likely "as new" but yes, pics would be nice. The "get home" mention in the advert isn`t very informative, again, pics would be good. Maybe more to be added.
Different advert, more pics, still no ER shots. White leather upholstery rules it out for me.:)https://www.tradeaboat.com.au/details/10685-2018-defever-570-lr

Last edited:
At 118 hours the ER is likely "as new" but yes, pics would be nice. The "get home" mention in the advert isn`t very informative, again, pics would be good. Maybe more to be added.
Different advert, more pics, still no ER shots. White leather upholstery rules it out for me.:)https://www.tradeaboat.com.au/details/10685-2018-defever-570-lr

Gorgeous! That's ~$935k USD; seems like a steal for basically a new boat. Irrelevant unless I can convince the wife and fam to sell the house & move aboard... in AU... I'll give it a shot.

20 kts in 2 m seas, long range luxury

What a stunner! Of course, when you're the grandson of an auto manufacturer of noteworthy history, I suppose you can afford such things.

Gorgeous! That's ~$935k USD; seems like a steal for basically a new boat. Irrelevant unless I can convince the wife and fam to sell the house & move aboard... in AU... I'll give it a shot.
I`m a tad suspicious about low hours,lack of photos,and what seems an unusually reasonable price.

Zoom, can you not use it? There's a guy handling the fender.

Glad we`ve beaten the least important to death.

Me too! Seems like she would do well in the PNW. Wonder how she got there? Couldn't have been on her own bottom, right?

Maybe not on her own bottom, but sure could have made it under her own power. They little Gardner would make the trip many times over!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom