Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• Waterline.jpg
    Waterline.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hey, it's a BRITISH boat, why'd they put the steering station on the wrong side?!?:dance:

Merely a British price tag in the ad.
Matsumoto Shipyards, who built that boat in 1953, only recently sold out to Condo developers. They were a well known, well respected North Vancouver Shipyard building commercial boats and good quality pleasure boats. That boat is actually located in Anacortes Wa at present.

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/2006/waterline-rutherford-40-3726647/

More than a wink and nod at the AT and NT.
Definitely a west coat boat. No A/C
No generator but, they seem to have compensated by 3 solar panels, larger alternator and lots batteries.

Personal observations: I would appreciate a darker wood interior. I do like the keel cooler and dry stack.
Overall, it appears to be a fantastic 'couples', west coast boat.

I think both AT and NT could learn a few things from the boat lay out.

Last edited:
Why is this boat being called a “Tug”?

Looks 100% trawler to me except for the planing hull.

Why is this boat being called a “Tug”?

Looks 100% trawler to me except for the planing hull.

It is a wink and a nod to the AT and NT.

Hey it is a one-off boat. Looks nice. Let's call it a Fred. LOL

Last edited:
Last edited:
Freedom, a 1926 Trumpy 104'

We spent the weekend at Charleston City Dock and explored the city. Great time. The Marina staff put us on the Mega Dock, with all the other super-yachts. [we were mega-filler, between super-yachts]. Freedom, a beautiful 1926 Trumpy 104' came in. Prettiest boat on the dock.

Attachments

• 1924 Trumpy 104 Freedom.jpg
    1924 Trumpy 104 Freedom.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 70
We spent the weekend at Charleston City Dock and explored the city. Great time. The Marina staff put us on the Mega Dock, with all the other super-yachts. [we were mega-filler, between super-yachts]. Freedom, a beautiful 1926 Trumpy 104' came in. Prettiest boat on the dock.

Makes a person want to say to the owner, "I'll show you mine (boat) if you show me yours (boat)" :angel:

If you are tired of being cut off by "running shoe" drivers you might want to consider one of these. A bit unusual to see it on the Great Lakes as something called the Rush Bagot treaty prevents any warship going there and this one, heading to a museum needed special permission.

That's why it's being towed. War ships can be here, but they can't be operational. We have a WW2 submarine here in Muskegon, it has no propellers. They used it to film a movie a few years back, and it had to be towed out to the lake for filming. My dinner boat was the support vessel for the film crew. Pretty cool. Too bad the movie sucked. "Below", it's terrible.

I once docked between two of those monsters in Sarasota. My poor Manatee looked like a fender.:ermm:

This one’s a little more practical especially for me, a Beebe design. Not the most beautiful lines I’ve ever encountered but great for a family of four intent on traveling somewhere, layout is anything but traditional for a vessel of this size and class but strikes me as comfy for living instead of entertaining.
https://au.yachtworld.com/boats/1982/custom-beebe-passagemaker-3683500/

Interesting photo of the engine room here. I didn’t see another generator anywhere in the other photos, could this be a wing engine for get-home that serves as a generator too, with the transmission disengaged? (...or vice versa, if you prefer?) And I assume I’m looking at an older reverse osmosis unit?

Attachments

• E79D0F12-9639-4B21-A9E6-6A18917AD2F5.jpg
    E79D0F12-9639-4B21-A9E6-6A18917AD2F5.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72

Attachments

• 256571_161a6cc0adb298902e25bd0c53156a3f.jpg
    256571_161a6cc0adb298902e25bd0c53156a3f.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 66
The Odd One

Saw this odd “interesting boat” while changing my oil. It’s over w all the American Tug boats. Don’t know anything about this boat but it’s interesting and weird in that it has the stern of a 28’ boat and the bow of a 45’ boat.
Shoulda taken a stern shot I sooze.
She looks Bristol though.

Attachments

• E3A0794D-A730-4644-BBD5-48F7399F42D3.jpg
    E3A0794D-A730-4644-BBD5-48F7399F42D3.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 76
Saw this odd “interesting boat” while changing my oil. It’s over w all the American Tug boats. Don’t know anything about this boat but it’s interesting and weird in that it has the stern of a 28’ boat and the bow of a 45’ boat.

We ran across her this summer, odd but stout looking vessel. One of our boating partners referred to her as the "stubbed toe"

Don't mind the comment but she looks a bit like a brick on water.

L

One of the less meaningful ways she looks odd is the very prominent slanted windows and all the rest of the boat is void of slanting lines. That suggests she was almost certainly owner built. That much windage also suggests owner built.

Back
Top Bottom