Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Precision

When the first builder/owner sold her , she was in Hull fitted with one rebuilt Gardner 8 cylinder, painted in blue with empty hull.
We like the form of the hull.

We visited her when she was in Hull (England) may be it was in 94/95, she was empty except engine
and concrete ballast :eek: under the floor of the cabin .

I just came across this photo of a boat that I saw in FH about two years ago. Does anyone here know the designer/builder or have any details?

Attachments

• Alumination.JPG
    Alumination.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 95
Nice looking boat but, too big for a couple. Need a paid crew.
Maybe one could interest a few Playboy Bunnies to crew? :angel:

Based on the pictures shown, it looks easily run by a couple: walk around decks, pilot house doors, straight view aft from PH.... heck, probably not all that hard to single handle. Euro boat, it appears. Not enough info overall.

Based on the pictures shown, it looks easily run by a couple: walk around decks, pilot house doors, straight view aft from PH.... heck, probably not all that hard to single handle. Euro boat, it appears. Not enough info overall.

Yup, wife and I ran this 55-footer with what looks like same layout.

Attachments

• DSC02735.jpg
    DSC02735.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 89

Using posted range, fuel capacity, cruising speed, it works out to:
1.65 gph
4.25 nm/gallon . . . . Possible I suppose, but not sure how likely it is, plus

Plus, It states engine is 120 horse power, for a 6BTA 5.9 M2 . . . Wasn't aware any 6BTA's were 120 hp . . .

Also, many, if not most of the Mastervolt Whisper 3.5 Gensets are 50hz . . . if so, everything on the boat is probably also 50hz . . . . just so you know!

Lots of questions here . . . but nice layout!

I just came across this photo of a boat that I saw in FH about two years ago. Does anyone here know the designer/builder or have any details?

I think it is an Ed Rutherford design built in Sydney,BC, but not built by Rutherford’s Waterline Boats.

I think it is an Ed Rutherford design built in Sydney,BC, but not built by Rutherford’s Waterline Boats.

Thank you. I should have stated that its name is "Alumination".

Ill look into Rutherford.

t has a "1x 25 kW – 400VAC 50Hz SERVICE GENERATOR" which stumps me. I thought EU was 220vac. This is a Turkish boat, but I assume made for EU waters.

Perhaps it has a 406 volt 3-phase generator. If so that's wonderful, but then why waste the effort with a hydraulic thruster and windlass when it would have made more sense to go electric 3-ph as well?

Using posted range, fuel capacity, cruising speed, it works out to:
1.65 gph
4.25 nm/gallon . . . . Possible I suppose, but not sure how likely it is, plus

Plus, It states engine is 120 horse power, for a 6BTA 5.9 M2 . . . Wasn't aware any 6BTA's were 120 hp . . .

Also, many, if not most of the Mastervolt Whisper 3.5 Gensets are 50hz . . . if so, everything on the boat is probably also 50hz . . . . just so you know!

Lots of questions here . . . but nice layout!
The motor is misidentified. It's a 6B as there isn't a turbo.

Ted

275 gallon holding tank! Holy crap!

That would be awesome from a convenience perspective! And no worries about someone flushing too much. I sometimes wish I'd had a custom tank made when I replaced mine. Could have fit something like 80 or 90 gallons instead of the 70 I have, but no off the shelf tank that big fit the space.

Here`s an "interesting boat" that is permanently moored at our favourite anchorage. Probably about 50ft and possibly made of ferro

Attachments

• George`s i phone Aug 18 003.jpg
    George`s i phone Aug 18 003.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 89
Here`s an "interesting boat" that is permanently moored at our favourite anchorage. Probably about 50ft and possibly made of ferro

Abandoned ??? Or does a pump out boat visit it?

I THOUGHT that might be the case, but still, 4.25 nm/gal seems to be pretty well, let's just say "optimistic!":D

Not that unrealistic. At 7 knots, my boat gets 3.5 nautical miles per gallon. Mine isn't a full displacement hull and weighs significantly more than this one. This boat is lighter and probably has a more fuel efficient hull.

Ted

Abandoned ??? Or does a pump out boat visit it?
No - not abandoned - we were there last weekend and there were guys on board -doing a bit of maintenance by the looks -scrubbing the hull.

I just think it has a bit of "character" makes me think it would suit Capt Jack Sparrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom