Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That duck has been listed for sale for quite awhile. Not sure who built that one, but the fit and finish doesn't seem to be as nice as others IMO. Also strange with that bed in the bow only separated by a curtain?

Dude,
I removed the door to the head on our Willard. Will put it back in when we sell her but it's just gets in the way .. way too much. It's surprisingly heavy.

Attachments

• DSCF2109.jpg
    DSCF2109.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Dude,
I removed the door to the head on our Willard. Will put it back in when we sell her but it's just gets in the way .. way too much. It's surprisingly heavy.

Eric - Tooo much information! - LOL

Awwww Come on Art, one sheet or two on the roll?:D Elusional photo to say the least, makes Eric's boat appear in the 50 foot class:angel:

Al-Ketchikan:whistling::whistling::hide:

Door...it's just gets in the way .. way too much.

Funny, had a long chat with the previous owner of my boat the other day. He asked me if I had noticed the craftsmanship on the doors to the two head compartments--very proud of having fabricated them himself to replace the original curtains.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that no matter how I positioned the doors and no matter where I want to stand, they are always in the way...and one of them sticks badly!:rolleyes:;)

Dude,
A mental picture (which I`m trying hard to erase) just sat a person on the head.

That duck has been listed for sale for quite awhile. Not sure who built that one, but the fit and finish doesn't seem to be as nice as others IMO. Also strange with that bed in the bow only separated by a curtain?

I like that the fit and finish is understated...I'm not much of a fan for over the top opulence.

I found the lack of a door to the aft deck pretty weird, but then again, it's a short walk to get there and the extra storage could make up for the "inconvenience".

Old FD fiching trawler, new engine take trawler planingboats +40 knots

And typical engine sd

Last edited:
D or SD or P hulls can be made really fast if desired! :D

Would the word "Trawler" still apply once a boat is outfitted with hydrofoils?? :rofl:

Last edited:
D or SD or P hulls can be made really fast if desired! :D

Would the word "Trawler" still apply once a boat is outfitted with hydrofoils?? :rofl:

In a word no. It would sure be heavy though.

A FD hull would not provide enough speed to get the hydrofoil going fast enough to lift the HF boat up and above the water. Some SD hulls wouldn't work either.

That pretty baby have SD hull... with fairly hard chines toward aft?

Art, I attempted to follow other videos of this boat. There was another. The intent was to hopefully have a shot of the bottom. I am suspecting perhaps a application similar to the Bar Tender boats that have a similar hull where there are sponsons extending out from the hull giving an appearance and application of a wider flatter stern bottom.
The Bar Tenders sponsons had a trim tab affect as they gave lift to the stern as well. May not be the case here yet the visual of a narrow stern boat able to plane out as this one does, is hard to image.
Thoughts?

Art, I attempted to follow other videos of this boat. There was another. The intent was to hopefully have a shot of the bottom. I am suspecting perhaps a application similar to the Bar Tender boats that have a similar hull where there are sponsons extending out from the hull giving an appearance and application of a wider flatter stern bottom.
The Bar Tenders sponsons had a trim tab affect as they gave lift to the stern as well. May not be the case here yet the visual of a narrow stern boat able to plane out as this one does, is hard to image.
Thoughts?

Al - I'd use that real nice boat as a D speed cruiser and be happy as heck!

To go faster... which I believe she may be able to made to do... all I can say is - mo power and mo fuel capacity!

Last edited:
Passed this one on the St. Lawrence River this summer:
4339-albums438-picture3418.jpg

:pirate:a true blue water crossing boat. History knows that the Norwegians found the American cruising over the Atlantic Leif Erikson was a person. Long after Columbus visited the Usa.

cute 26 feet trawler from Polad this boat options sail, same boat is 22 feet version

Last edited:
I like it a lot.
No seasick at all. Pretty wet boat though. Much like an Albin 25. Small boats bob around quite a lot. I remember when we first got the Willard dealing w other boat wakes was suddenly a thing of the past. Four times the weight and 5' is a big difference. Small boats are small boats. 32 - 34' different world. This one is too much like a sailboat for me. Generally I think I'd like European boats better than US.

I like it a lot.
No seasick at all. Pretty wet boat though. Much like an Albin 25. Small boats bob around quite a lot. I remember when we first got the Willard dealing w other boat wakes was suddenly a thing of the past. Four times the weight and 5' is a big difference. Small boats are small boats. 32 - 34' different world. This one is too much like a sailboat for me. Generally I think I'd like European boats better than US.

"Small boats are small boats. 32 - 34' different world." Eric you have that one surely correct...

Especially right around 34' +/- with a weighty build and good balance characteristics, i.e. a low elevation mid ship cog. Of course larger you go with "pleasure" boats then more general sea keeping stability is gained (to a point) as long as the boat is sturdy build with correct hull design, weight distribution and superstructure design. For the type localized cruising Linda and I do at this juncture in life we settled on a heavy weight (21K lbs. loaded) 34' Tollycraft. She takes seas well, has ample comfort features for long days at anchor and fits easily into nearly any place we may go. We came close to purchasing a 48'er of same make, knowing there is added sea keeping ability and considerably more room for inside boat comforts.. then... we penciled out the two boat's differences in overall/ongoing costs, maintenance time we'd need to supply, creature comforts we actually require while on board and very importantly vast difference in capabilities for "gunk holing", which we love to do! For where we boat the 34'er won hands down. May get into a 48 to 55 foot boat by the same builder or builder of similar quality if we ever decide to cruise Pacific coast. Till then we simply love our fairly quick cruising (16 to 17 knot gentle cruise on plane) 34' tri cabin Tolly with mucho creature comforts both inside and outside on sun-deck or bridge with twin screw maneuverability that helps insure get-home-capability. :thumb: :D

Attachments

• Art & Linda on TO - Maltese Falcon SF Bay Entry Spring 2009_100_1391.jpg
    Art & Linda on TO - Maltese Falcon SF Bay Entry Spring 2009_100_1391.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 90
  • TO in Delta Tules 100_0429.jpg
    TO in Delta Tules 100_0429.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Mstr Strm Stbd Dbl Berth.jpg
    Mstr Strm Stbd Dbl Berth.jpg