Insurance Nightmare - BoatUS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Read the thread, Boat US has no claims department, it’s all Geico and their claims are 24/7, and known for being thorough, had their product several years

Read the thread, Boat US has no claims department, it’s all Geico and their claims are 24/7, and known for being thorough, had their product several years

BoatUS does indeed have a claims department- but you are correct that GEICO is handling more and more of the BoatUS business. This is because the BoatUS insurance side is being absorbed by GEICO Marine: BoatUS is being rebranded for the Foundation and magazine.

oh my goodness....you're experience with Geico is certainly different than mine. I deal with them every day, although not in the marine world and the best adjective I can use for them is "stingy" I'm being kind. Who knows, maybe the boat section is way better, or at least better than the auto section, which is a pretty low bar.

but hey...if it works for you, cool beans.

So just to keep it going this was not a hit and run. I reported it to the marina office the next morning. There were several marina dock hands and others who witnessed the incident. All said no damage. Marina manager also went on neighbors boat and said no damage was visible. Only evidence was a fingernail size of my gel coat on one of his flukes. First time I saw the neighbor was about a month after it happened. All of this (including insurance info) was in FWC report.
The biggest problem is him accusing me (or someone I hired) to fix repairs on his boat. Again, no videos of this. Again, he took pictures of some cosmetic blemishes that were impossible for my boat to even get to. They were above the rub rail and on the side of his boat between the finger docks. He even accused me of changing the rubber rollers on his anchor pulpit, with used ones that were cracked and weathered. Doesn’t that sound a bit sketchy.
Anyway, thanks for the reply’s, time to move on.

Sometimes people just suck. I would be petitioning the marina to move your slip away from this individual for these specific reasons. In the meantime, I would not touch anything of this individuals again. That includes lines or assist him in docking.

Sometimes people just suck. I would be petitioning the marina to move your slip away from this individual for these specific reasons. In the meantime, I would not touch anything of this individuals again. That includes lines or assist him in docking.

Thanks, yes some do suck, but I'm not going to let some sucky A-hole ruin my day. I like where my slip is and don't plan on moving it. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom