How We Ended Up Buying a New Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My CHB 41 is 41' excluding the swim step and the anchor pulpit (which is fiberglass). From the roller to the swim platform she's ~43.5', despite the USCG reg stating 41.0'.

I have always referred to and thought of boats as being of a female gender... ya know... How is "she" / I love to cruise "her" for hours / How's your "girl" doing / Last time I painted my "gal's" bottom... and so forth...!

But now, due to this thread's debate on just a little bit of extra length, I'm beginning to question boat gender. Never heard so many times in so many ways how to state the measurement of length. Except of course... errr... for some males' appendage! So, are boats girls or boys? - LOL

:dance: :speed boat: :dance: :speed boat:

I have always referred to and thought of boats as being of a female gender... ya know... How is "she" / I love to cruise "her" for hours / How's your "girl" doing / Last time I painted my "gal's" bottom... and so forth...!

But now, due to this thread's debate on just a little bit of extra length, I'm beginning to question boat gender. Never heard so many times in so many ways how to state the measurement of length. Except of course... errr... for some males' appendage! So, are boats girls or boys? - LOL

:dance: :speed boat: :dance: :speed boat:
Boats are ladies, men are talking about the length & breath of her.
Also starboard is more right than port.
Males would not stroke, polish, lube, hug and kiss a male boat................. well, OK that too may be changing once we are gone. Unisex boats, what will they think of next.

From Sailor to Boater

It's a transition for sure to give up a sailboat to move to a powerboat. There are trade-offs, but for the most part we've been enjoying boating immensely. Gave up the sailboat 7 years ago but since then have done many sailboat charters in the Pacific Northwest and the Caribbean. 6 years ago we started cruising on our family's 41ft American Tug on the inland waters of the Pacific Ocean - Puget Sound north to Southeast Alaska. By far we spent the most time in Canadian Waters, as that's the sweet spot of Pacific Northwest boating. Once you've explored the San Juan Islands and North through the Canadian Gulf Islands and then the waters around Vancouver BC up through the Sunshine Coast and eventually to Desolation Sound and Campbell River area for salmon fishing. After that it's navigating through some notable rapids to make it to Johnstone Strait where you can see Orcas breaching as they following the salmon. I could go on and on but you get the point. There are amazing places to cruise out here in the Pacific Northwest and being on a 41 ft power boat gives us access to all of that and we're comfortable warm and dry. I don't think we would have been able to travel to these amazing places with a sailboat. Mainly because of being comfortable. I was reminded of this when we pulled in to a small Marina that was kind of in the middle of the nowhere on the Inside passage in Canada. Several sailboats and power boats were at the docks taking a break. Shortly after we came in a beautiful sailboat, probably about 44 ft long, docked across from us. The skipper and mate got off both wearing full foul weather gear as it was a rainy and foggy day. I was grateful to be navigating froma Pilot House and not from a cockpit. We stepped off warm and dry.

52461801818_476b7f83ef_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom