Florida marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff F

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
50` US Navy Utility trawler conversion
Just read that Ft Pierce municipal marina is closing. Any local SITREPs?

Closing permanently, or to prevent the spread of Covid-19??

Have you called them? That would seem to be the easiest way. The web site and Facebook pages only indicate that the Farmers Market is closing.

Saw it on the FB looper group.

COVID-19 response

The Ft Pierce municipal government is closing all offices for the next month, that includes the marina. This is, of course, completely unworkable unless they empty all the slips and shut off the water and power. More likely the maintenance staff will keep working and there will be no new customers allowed, also the fuel dock will be closed. Current slip holders will have to pay online, I can’t see how it would work elsewise.

If they empty the slips where do they all go? That’s not a small marina.....

Last edited:
Crazy! God bless you guys and gals on the loop.

Just talked to the office....no transients or arrivals until further notice.

Not much change for those of us here already.

It's a real challenge figuring out the details of closing anything. I understand closing the city offices, even not taking transients. But someone overlooked the small detail of pump outs.

We have retail stores, mostly not essential. However, even in a lockdown access to plumbing and electrical supplies may be so we have to consider that with hardware. Hardware stores also supply paper towels, toilet tissue and other supplies. Phone stores become important to those who have phones break and with TMobile and Apple closed, someone is needed. We've spent many hours trying to think of every aspect and I know still overlooked some.

Pretty much the same here in France, all the marina's closed, no new arrivals no transients, port captains office closed but all amenities still working fine. Same on the inland waterways except commercials. The French canals are all closed until April the 20th when we'll have an update. If you booked a holiday on a canal cruiser you can get a refund or a voucher to rebook in the future.

Just talked to the office....no transients or arrivals until further notice.

Heard third-hand yesterday afternoon USCG has directed all marinas close to transients/new arrivals. No confirmation, and not sure if that's supposed to be an ICW thing, or what...

-Chris

Ft Pierce City marina ....the fuel dock and pump out haven't been working for months due to construction. Bathrooms yes, office/store closed except for certain things, call on the phone first.

Cities are shutting down all non essential services. As part of that they're shutting down all parks and recreation. As part of that, they're shutting down marinas. So, I wouldn't expect to find any city marinas open, including Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Cities are shutting down all non essential services. As part of that they're shutting down all parks and recreation. As part of that, they're shutting down marinas. So, I wouldn't expect to find any city marinas open, including Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

So it’s like arriving at night, but now nobody will be trotting down from the office to see you in the morning? We’re all on a giant honor system now that all the enforcers are at home? Got it! Sweet.

There are still people around...you will be asked to leave immediately.

We live in a quarantine-one's-self area, but this mostly affects entertainment and education operations.

First son is working at home for a savings and loan company.

Second son is working onsite at the railroad repair shops.

My sole-practice CPA is working out of his office. My sister's CPA is working at home.

Restaurant's with take-out are open.

The appliance dealer where I made last purchase is open.

The boatyard I use is still open.

Local buses are still operating as well as the railroad commute line.

My marina has not notified me of any changes in its operations.

Road work and tree removal/trimming workers are observed working.

Of course, grocery stores, hospitals, and gas stations are open.

Last edited:
No seriously. IF employees are there, then how are they closed? Boy, if that doesn’t describe Government.

They're not closed because they don't want people working. They're closed because they don't want people coming in contact with each other. How is that so hard to understand? And why does that have anything to do with government? Private marinas are doing the same thing. People are trying to stop the spread of disease by eliminating as many paths to transmission as possible. If people don't show up, buy gas, stop in the store, chat in the office, vist their new dock neighbors, then the reduce interactions.

Why does everything have to be about government and politics here?

BD

Marinas and Hotels/Motels in Key West are ordered closed today. I don't know what that means or what it might mean for my marina in Wisconsin. I intend to move onto my boat mid April in or out of the water. Hopefully in the water. My home marina hosts very few transients. I really feel I can continue my self imposed isolation on my boat at the marina as well as I can here in my dirt home.

I feel I am actually doing quite well. i have had interaction with exactly one person beyond my spouse in the past two weeks. A clerk at a cheese shop wearing gloves and no body contact.

pete

I got an email from Ft Pierce City Marina that they are not accepting new boats after the 18th. Nothing about existing boats having to leave.
Still no pumpouts, or fuel.

They're not closed because they don't want people working. They're closed because they don't want people coming in contact with each other. How is that so hard to understand? And why does that have anything to do with government? Private marinas are doing the same thing. People are trying to stop the spread of disease by eliminating as many paths to transmission as possible. If people don't show up, buy gas, stop in the store, chat in the office, vist their new dock neighbors, then the reduce interactions.

Why does everything have to be about government and politics here?

BD
Because in this case I was responding directly to a thread on CITY OWNED marinas, and two replies were that employees would tell you to leave, and another said that the police would be involved if you didn’t. Personally I don’t believe that’s true at all in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami (the two marinas specifically mentioned) because on any normal weekend, it can take hours for them to show up, if they show up at all, and that’s to serious crimes, not yachts trespassing at City Marinas. Which opens the questions of will US Marshals show up for documented boats? I saw a guy hold off the Tampa police dept over whether they had a right to board his shrimper to arrest him. They left. Just saying.

Because in this case I was responding directly to a thread on CITY OWNED marinas, and two replies were that employees would tell you to leave, and another said that the police would be involved if you didn’t. Personally I don’t believe that’s true at all in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami (the two marinas specifically mentioned) because on any normal weekend, it can take hours for them to show up, if they show up at all, and that’s to serious crimes, not yachts trespassing at City Marinas. Which opens the questions of will US Marshals show up for documented boats? I saw a guy hold off the Tampa police dept over whether they had a right to board his shrimper to arrest him. They left. Just saying.

Wifey B: Come and find out. Post to let me know on here and I'll make sure they come over and greet you. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Wifey B: Come and find out. Post to let me know on here and I'll make sure they come over and greet you. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

So not only are you two (Whomever you really are) the resident experts on any and every subject here and on Yachtforums as “olderboater” you also control the Police Depts in South Florida. Got it.

So not only are you two (Whomever you really are) the resident experts on any and every subject here and on Yachtforums as “olderboater” you also control the Police Depts in South Florida. Got it.

Wifey B: You've got it but you can't get a joke? Fine. :)

Oh and I haven't visited YF in years, I leave that to hubby.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom