Favorite sedan trawler under 40'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's kind of amusing that so many of us have so many differing definitions of what a "sedan" is and isn't. My understanding matches that of Nomad Willy--a trawler with no separated or raised pilothouse, flybridge or not. But I may be wrong. It's happened before!

We're flirting with the idea of moving up in size a little. As an old Downeaster mostly accustomed to lobster hulls, pilot houses have always seemed mostly unnecessary on smallish coastal cruising boats, sort of a nod to much larger, passage makers.

We've looked at Mainship 34's and Island Gypsies and the like. The Mainship has our favorite layout with a down galley and tons of salon space but we're concerned about the overall build quality. Is this a legitimate concern?

Sedan...

If we’re just voting for a sedan, I’d throw my Mainship 390’s hat in the ring (or the later Mainship 400). Mine with Twin Yanmars - tops at 17, cruise long distances at 7.5 - 8. STAIRS, not a ladder to the flybridge. Fantastic flybridge for relaxing with guests and drinks. I call it an SUV of boats. Cruising, fishing, dive support, entertaining, etc. - maybe not the best at any single thing... but good at all. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom