Do you Sous-Vide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pilou, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge! Thanks, Art

Since I am a medical, allow me to make one point very clear.

There are many types of plastic bags, various plastic categories then there are variations that result in a myriad of plastic types. There are many uses of plastics in cooking, including using plastics in the microwave.

we indicated in ALL plastics matters may be in contact with food with such a name. microwave dishes on your own label, in addition to a large number of others. do you have any similar

Pilou, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge! Thanks, Art

Thank you friend, by the way I found a good French restaurant in the Bay Area for our next meeting there with yourself and your Admiral. Sorry I have no information if they are Sous-Vide cooking ! :)

You are most welcome, your kind feedback was much appreciated.

And now women are rational... this forum is just full of bullshit!

And before you nail me on the TF wall of infamy: I am only joking ! :hide:

Since I am a medical, allow me to make one point very clear.

There are many types of plastic bags, various plastic categories then there are variations that result in a myriad of plastic types. There are many uses of plastics in cooking, including using plastics in the microwave.

we indicated in ALL plastics matters may be in contact with food with such a name. microwave dishes on your own label, in addition to a large number of others. do you have any similar

I just wished to specify more explicitly, as well I hope to clarify, the precautions which should be applied to food safety in plastic food packaging or Sous-Vide cooking. Also since most of the posters here were American, I thought it was necessary to include recommendations and guidance from the (hightly skilled) US Food and Drug Administration.

Too many people (at least in France) are assuming that it is possible to Sous-Vide cooking with zipper bags for food products, while there are significant differences of quality and standard in the diverse range of zipper bags indeed if they are used for freezing or for cooking.

I am confident that you supply high quality products for microwave, unfortunally the EU standards do not provide for sufficient information to be supplied about containers for microwave cooking or not which do not always display information in a standardized format, then it can often become confusing for consumers.

"Since I am a medical", I can assure here that we cannot really know at this time drug interactions, also the impact, on patients who take more than 5 different medications at the same time, although all of the tests involved in numerous studies, therefore the risk of drug-related complications exists. This suggests to me that something is wrong with microwave plastic cooking, given the vast number of chemicals that may be used in food contact plastic containers at high temperature of liquids in microwave. Moreover, how long does a plastic microwave container last? We are not sure when polyethylene may begin softening in this case.

This, I must stress, is my own personal opinion and refers only to myself, I just consider imperative the application of the principle of precaution also an ecosystem approach. Microwave is fantastic, plastic containers microwave approved are very good, but, still in my own opinion, we have not enough data to go ahead without a precautionary principle to avoid unnecessary risk.

Last edited:
And now women are rational... this forum is just full of bullshit!

And before you nail me on the TF wall of infamy: I am only joking ! :hide:

French women love jokes ! & I assume you are French, then I trust you know about that already :)

French women love jokes ! & I assume you are French, then I trust you know about that already :)

Yeah that's why I took the risk to be burned alive in the flames of TF members anger :blush:

I think that's going to make a difference with the cold temperatures in Canada ! :D

No worries LT, TF is a great place :)

Wifey B: Well, he did call his wife a dog though or something like that. :rofl:

Wifey B: Well, he did call his wife a dog though or something like that. :rofl:

TF should only be for fires about anchors, flying bridges and such! :lol: :hide: :popcorn:

Dear Art,
Nothing about issues raised regarding the victimization of women members ? :angel: :)

Aww shucks Pilou... I was just trying to mellow-out what could become a BIG flare up in a generally easy going TF thread-location. There is a TF section called "OTDE" where some heavy topics get hashed out. - Art :D :socool:

Aww shucks Pilou... I was just trying to mellow-out what could become a BIG flare up in a generally easy going TF thread-location. There is a TF section called "OTDE" where some heavy topics get hashed out. - Art :D :socool:

Wifey B: Oh, Pilou, we could grab Wifey D and Janice and really team up on Art. :rofl:

Nah, Art is ok. And it's not a big flare up. :)

Wifey B: Oh, Pilou, we could grab Wifey D and Janice and really team up on Art. :rofl:

Nah, Art is ok. And it's not a big flare up. :)

Great idea wifey B , sounds fun. Moreover Janice is like my sister !
What would be the dress code ?? :angel::D

Sadly OTDE is like an empty shell :ermm:

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 31
Great idea wifey B , sounds fun. Moreover Janice is like my sister !
What would be the dress code ?? :angel::D

Sadly OTDE is like an empty shell :ermm:

Wifey B: You have to sign up for membership to OTDE. Don't. You'll regret it.

Oooh....dress code.....I'm probably not the one to handle that. :blush::angel:

Not a dog I would not dare, it was a hound, and it is a compliment!

Wifey B: Hound: a dog of a breed used for hunting, especially one able to track by scent. Does it mean something else in tribal language? :confused:

Wifey B: You have to sign up for membership to OTDE. Don't. You'll regret it.

Oooh....dress code.....I'm probably not the one to handle that. :blush::angel:

Oh thanks, I will not sign up, not ready for challenging experience in the unknown :hide:

Not Just a Dog

Yeah that's why I took the risk to be burned alive in the flames of TF members anger :blush:

That will help explain the global warming.

Hound (Redbone-The ONLY hound IMO!)
fff99be41a29ede569de327e3f5c4619.jpg

Mr RTF thank you to help me improve my poor English vocabulary. When I wrote this insanity that could have cause me an instant life loss if my lovely Admiral would have read it, I in reality meant this for which it reveals that the name in usage is the same in both language:

Leopard-tree.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

This unfortunate mistake made me sully my lovely Admiral name, as a consequence I will immediately retire in a cave for the rest of my life. I salute you fellow TF members, I will miss you.

Of course the last sentence of my previous post is just fantasy induced by the shocking mistake I made. I will obviously stay here and continue my efforts on the path to the most silly post ever made!

Back
Top Bottom