Dinghy Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Z Care!

Love this stuff. My dinghy was nasty from exhaust soot! Nice and clean.

Just passing on info. No association.

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Cleaner-Canvas-Covers-Stained/dp/B004AGYL1O 20211010_130740.jpg20211010_130734.jpg20211010_130712.jpg

Interesting. That may be worth trying.

I am always wary of some of the cleaning concoctions brewed up by boaters because of potential damage to the surface being cleaned. This product seems to be approved for dinghies.

I know what you mean about being careful with cleaning products, home brew or otherwise. I used a certain bathroom cleaner spray to clean mildew spots on the cushions on the upper helm seating area and it ate the vinyl, even though I rinsed them like crazy.

Well some Z care, then 303 protection and Starbrite marine polish on the fiberglass and stainless, ASD's TT is looking good.

I just mentioned it because I found two bottles of it in the kitchen cleaning locker on the bareboat yacht I was on recently. I’m thinking that if I were the owner of that boat I would be unhappy with them being there, at least without a label indicating it is for engine room use only.

The backseat of my old Toyota still sports the large blemishes from my well-meaning DW. She now at least understands that that would not have been what she needed to grab to run up to the boat deck and clean the dinghy. Simple Green does, however, do great things for white boat fenders [emoji6]

Last edited:
Thanks ASD! I just ordered a bottle as your sparkling dinghy has shamed me into putting some effort into our poor neglected tender.

Thanks ASD! I just ordered a bottle as your sparkling dinghy has shamed me into putting some effort into our poor neglected tender.
Spey it on and then take a magic eraser to take the crap off. Then once dry I spray some 303 protection, wipe it in, then take a micro cloth to polish it. The only thing that does not remove fish scales

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom