Davit Standpipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ERTF

I'm looking at a used Davit. Need a standpipe. Company that made the davit is out of biz. The big name competitors only want to make standpipes for their own units.

Anybody know of a place in Miami/Lauderdale area that could make the standpipe for me?

Try Cable Marine in Ft Lauderdale there on Marina Mile (SR 84), I've seen them do a variety of fabrication projects and what you are looking for is very simple.

Another option that the frugal mariner should pursue down there is to ask around at Sailorman, BOW and McDonald's Hardware on your way to Cable and Pipewelders. Somebody there will know good independent fabricators. It wouldn't surprise me if there's someone within a two mile radius of Lester's Diner who specializes.

Might also marine surplus over in sarasota. For the custom option I would call Israel over at Laza ironworks. He’s a boater and one he’ll of a metal smith. If he won’t do it he might get you a local referral. I used to cave dive with George aka trey at pipewelders. Probably best not to waste his time on this job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom