courses to take

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nappa

I am planning to buy a trawler in Europe and live abroad next year. at this point I have zero experience. I know I need to take all the necessary classes to be able to buy a boat and have insurance.

I started looking into classes but there are just too many courses and I couldn't find what classes are essential for my needs. I think I need RYA courses.

could any of well-experienced trawler owner show me the way which classes I need take for my case? and also if you can tip me ones not essential but def helpful course to take, that will be wonderful.

My plan is to just live abroad on a trawler in the med. nothing more. atm i live in Mexico and looking schools in Florida or any places east coast within this year. i am very flexible with time. if you have any recommended school i should i attend, i will be grateful.
only condition is I can not move to Europe first and learn this year.

thanks!

IMO, not enough information provided by you.

Chapman's school in Stuart FL, professional level
SeaSchool FL
APA, American Power boat association??

From the little you share you will probably need a certificate of competence in order to operate any vessel. Would search for training that would give you that credential. When talking on crew those with RYA yachtmaster far exceeded those with US captains licenses. Boats are different than ships and those with coastal licenses were often unprepared as that’s a different experience as well. I don’t know how that translates to power.

Back
Top Bottom