Caterpillar D333C?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodscrew

Vessel Name
Northern Star
Vessel Make
Bristol 42 1970
I am trying to get a horse power rating for my engine. I need it to give to my prop shop so we can correct for being slightly over propped. (About 200 rpm down wide open due to all the weight we have on board since moving on full time).It’s a Cat D333, or a D333C. The C may denote marine. Went to Foley Cat in Hammonton NJ today with the serial number in hand. (Have ordered many parts there with that number.) No engine data/specs came up when they ran that number. I just checked it on the metal plate that’s riveted to the block. It’s correct as follows; 67 D549
Can anyone shed some light on this? Any resources that might help? The dealer showed me what specs you get when you run the serial number on a newer engine. Factory horsepower test/rating on that specific engine and everything else you might want to know. Manufacture date, ship date, configuration, options and more. He suggested that the number may be wrong (not) or the engine too old. It went into the boat in 1970.

Boat diesel has a HP curve PDF for the 333C. We're on the water so can't get the file to enlarge enough to read off numbers.

When you go to the parts counter, wait for the oldest guy behind the counter to help you.

Data Sheet:

Attachments

• Cat D333C.JPG
    Cat D333C.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom