Bow thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlhegland

We’ve decided that after all these years we need a bow thruster on our CHB34. Can any of you recommend someone who has done the job for you? The boat is in Everett WA but I’m willing to travel from Tacoma to Bellingham to get a good job done. Thanks everyone.

Not sure about the West coast, but on the East coast there are companies that will come to your boatyard to do the complete install. That's all they do. If you don't find a boatyard that does it, contact the manufacturer of the unit you want, for a list of installers.

Ted

Bellingham Marine Repair supplies and installs bow thrusters. I just had them replace all thru hulls, glass over obsolete thru hulls, plumbing, new bilge pumps, bottom paint etc. Good folks.

I had La conner maritime install one on my last 40' aluminum boat and was pretty happy with the results. Their price was way better than the other bids I got. They were a little weak on the project management side of things, and I ended up spending a lot of time there making sure no balls got dropped. I appreciated that at the end, the bill was exactly what they had bid, and they didn't try and tach on any extras.

Definitely recommend CSR in Seattle. They installed my bow and Stern thrusters. They do a ton of them from all manufacturers. I have had them for 6 years under regular use from Seattle to Alaska. Not required for sure but the best addition to single handling which I do often and docking with wind and current in tight quarters. IMG_0024.jpgIMG_0188.jpgIMG_0187.jpg

I had La conner maritime install one on my last 40' aluminum boat and was pretty happy with the results. Their price was way better than the other bids I got. They were a little weak on the project management side of things, and I ended up spending a lot of time there making sure no balls got dropped. I appreciated that at the end, the bill was exactly what they had bid, and they didn't try and tach on any extras.

We had La Conner Maritime install a stern thruster on our old boat. When we went to pick it up, they said the estimate had been off a little. The price we agreed on was $1,500 high. We wound up paying less than the estimate. We’ve been very happy with their work and responsiveness.

We’ve decided that after all these years we need a bow thruster on our CHB34. Can any of you recommend someone who has done the job for you? The boat is in Everett WA but I’m willing to travel from Tacoma to Bellingham to get a good job done. Thanks everyone.

I assisted a friend in the installation of a BT into his Mainship 34 MK 1 or 2, whatever. The manufacturer sent a kit including the motor and controls, cabling, and the tube along with instructions on how to scribe and cut the holes in the hull. Once we had cut the holes and aligned and cut the tube with motor attached, a professional fiberglass man (who had been consulted before we began) was called in the do all the glass work. A BUNCH of installation money was saved.

Order it now. I ordered a Vetus 120lb 12v thruster in March and it will be delivered in about a week.

The tunnel, joystick, control cable, and fuse block took a week…

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom