Anyone know how to contact an owner via state registration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adopo

Guru
Vessel Name
Calypso
Vessel Make
1981 Fairchild Scout
Just want to mail/contact the owner of a particular boat to be on his list to contact when he decides to sell. FL registration only, was surprised it does not appear to be documented. Got busy and it got away from me.

I think this is the boat: FL8727PG

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 3.44.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 3.44.41 PM.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 3.40.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 3.40.07 PM.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 57
I suspect that it would have to be Law Enforcement or a licensed PI working a legitimate case.

You should consider giving them a little privacy. I wouldn’t appreciate someone throwing my numbers up on a public website without permission.

Surely one object of registration is to promote accountability in the event of need to identify. Though the OP is otherwise motivated, there is good reason the user of the registration be identifiable.
NSW Maritime were eager to provide me with details of the registration of a boat which hit mine, and also provided my identity and contact info to someone who ran over my mooring,wanting to confess and arrange repairs.
Maybe talk to the Registry and see what they say.

Edited...

I've done a lookup for this type of information before, but looking back at the site I used, it seems it may not be legal to do it in the situation you are in...

...so I deleted the information here. You can search for it on the Internet, I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom