TF Gathering in SE Florida 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny you submitted that, RT. It reminded me that the FPPD has requested all attendees to submit a photo copy of their drivers license and a current set of finger prints with mug shots. These will need to be in their hands 7 days before the gathering.

Moonstruck,

What are the anticipated dates? Would love to make it, but doing the loop early in 2018.

And I'm hoping you're kidding about the FPPD request, there's NO way I'd do that.

Scott

Carmelita's has a new spice rum so they now have three labels, that should hold Baker for part of the evening.

Don't worry about the cops, the assistant chief of St. Augustine is a good friend so we won't be held very long. :banghead:

I'd like to come if that's ok. I promised to be there for the 2017 edition but couldn't get my ass in gear. But my ass is now in slow gear and I'm already halfway there, presently St. Pete. At this rate of progress I'm sure I will be on the east coast somewhere. I may as well be at Ft. Pierce as anyplace else.

LOL. While it is not like MD or Jacksonville it is fairly large with about 40 sworn.

McG

Fine with me but I'm not in control but first year attendees have to bring 10 cases of beer. :)

Don, Can FPPD use our last years pics or do we have to update? Should we CC our parole officers on the 7 day advance too?

McG

Fine with me but I'm not in control but first year attendees have to bring 10 cases of beer. :)

I tend to keep a good few cases of beer on board anyway. My blowboat friends have nicknamed my boat the Punjab Cantina and Launch Service cos I can carry a lot more supplies than they do so they come here for food, drink and a quick trip ashore when at anchor. But having been part of this forum for some time now I may have to admit that we just have to hire a beer truck.

So I'm sitting on my boat in Copper Harbor, Michigan, the very top of the "UP" upper peninsula. The sign in town says, "1,990 miles to Miami ". Will be leaving Sunday or Monday to head to Isle Royale (further North). Here's my point: if I can make it from over 2,000 miles away (with my boat), you all have no excuse.

Let me know as soon as you have dates; need to get the waxing and detailing crew scheduled. :socool:

Ted

Last edited:
OK, the pressure for dates is getting heavy. I will hold the dates open until a couple of guys work schedules are posted. We want to have everyone there. Are you listening? You know who you are.

OK, the pressure for dates is getting heavy. I will hold the dates open until a couple of guys work schedules are posted. We want to have everyone there. Are you listening? You know who you are.

So we're talking clique meeting here right?

I am new to the forum, but the talk of a rendezvous is very interesting. I will be, hopefully starting on the loop out of Fort Lauderdale in 2018, so the timing will be key to me. Please set up, and post the dates soon.

So we're talking clique meeting here right?

Your assumption is absolutely wrong! We have some members who are still working schedules that are on and off. Just trying to accommodate those. One is an airline pilot, and one a ship's captain. They did attend last year. Other than that I will check the dates of the Miami Boat Show, and probably do a poll to see if before or after is better. We have had some people who have stopped by because of the boat show. Just trying to accommodate as many as possible.

Your assumption is absolutely wrong! We have some members who are still working schedules that are on and off. Just trying to accommodate those. One is an airline pilot, and one a ship's captain. They did attend last year. Other than that I will check the dates of the Miami Boat Show, and probably do a poll to see if before or after is better. We have had some people who have stopped by because of the boat show. Just trying to accommodate as many as possible.

Gotcha

Don

I suggest a new policy. If you attended the previous year you must atten the current year and if not the rotten bastard must return all the prizes he won and return the booze consumed. That should make the party grow every year.

Ted you are expected, your boat is the shining light that serves as our beacon.

Don

Getting all confirmed is like herding cats, glad you have the skills. ��

I'll be there. May trying going home by way of Keys.

Ted

Don't worry about detailing your boat, Ted. I'll have the dock master hold your old slip back in the corner. No one will see it there.

Don, how is slip availability looking at your marina? I'm still thinking about getting a slip there after I come back from the Bahamas.

Should I reserve one now or is there room?

Ted

Fantastic news! Thanks.

For the last 4 years I stayed for the month of February.

The staff told me for monthly rentals, call in July. Maybe excessive, maybe not.

Usually transients for a couple of days is no problem, but with the TF gathering last year, a few transients had to leave or at least switch berths.

The marina has ELCIs on the new floating docks so try and have that checked before arrival otherwise you might not have a slip, or at least shore power if they cant fit you into the old section.

If the dates do not conflict with a boat show then I want to get there this year. I can do a seminar on convincing your yacht broker that he has to pay you for the privilege of selling your boat.

If the dates do not conflict with a boat show then I want to get there this year. I can do a seminar on convincing your yacht broker that he has to pay you for the privilege of selling your boat.

That's a good one. [emoji23]

Scott

Last year before putting me at my slip they checked out my electric at the fuel dock, the boat passed. Not sure what they did and I've never been tested line that before.

Scott

Last year before putting me at my slip they checked out my electric at the fuel dock, the boat passed. Not sure what they did and I've never been tested line that before.

Thus my warning, especially for older boats.

Thanks for letting us know.

That wine was just a disguise, a half inch of wine riding on to of that great rum you had.

I just blamed the major rum consumption on Baker...he has broad shoulders.

Disguise worked pretty well...:)

I KNEW IT!!!!! Hahahaha!!! Well anyways, y'all hide your rum and your women!!!! We will do our best to make it...and I would say a very good chance we will!!! I may even travel with a little extra rum...ya never know!!!! See y'all early next year!!!

Don, Michelle and I will be there.....any Green chartreuse left or should I bring a case :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom