2022 TF Gathering - SE FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great Larry then Watfa can look forward to her assistant wine tester and chef. That’s great I’m sure Lena misses Watfa as Watfa does Lena. Great times

Sounds interesting to meet up with the many salty dogs to which posts I have been reading the past couple years. If just to meet and thank personally for my trawler education. I'm not sure about bringing the slug that far though. Maybe pull my little Whaler and do a little fishing, run around the area. Thanks to all and will pencil in the date when confirmed. Look forward

Welcome Del. It will be Friday is pizza night, Saturday Watfa cooks for the group up to twenty people due to the small cooking facilities on the boats. Other activities are going on too. It’s all fun.

Hope you make it.

Tentatively count me and my wife in for the very first time. While Jupiter to Ft. Pierce isn't going to make us Youtube cruising channel heroes, it would be nice to get the dock and Cracker Boat Boatworks Queen out for more than a day or two "cruise"....finally. I am here locally and can help if any face-to-face planning visits are needed.

Hal. Some of our members have traveled shorter distances and have front page stories. Thanks for the offer of help. Much appreciated. See you there.

Guess I won't be able to make it, I will be trapped behind lock closure and not worth going around.

Yes but I am just west of the lock.

Can you stay on the boat but drive a couple days?

Guess I won't be able to make it, I will be trapped behind lock closure and not worth going around.

Yes but I am just west of the lock.

Ouch. That would make for a frustrating cruise home. You should be able to make a turn west and be home in a couple of hours but...nope...have to go all the way down, around, up, and back over. You would have to love being on the boat for that one!

I can always drive I guess, I live on the Okeedokie waterway. Boat is behind the house.

oK, my reservation is made based on the weekend starting on Feb.25th.

It will be great to see all the old gang, as well as meeting new people.

Last edited:
We missed it last year. Gonna try to make it this years. I miss all you MFers….oh I meant TFers!!!…��������

Ps….Wendy is somehow even prettier….me…not so much!!!.

Wifey B: With the Miami show before, then the TF gathering, and the Trawlerfest in Stuart right after, anyone wanting could turn this into a true boating extravaganza. Check the dates of the three.

Miami Boat Show, February 16-20.

TF gathering, February 23-26 or 21-27 or something. Please someone define it but seems some come early and some stay late so around that time. 24-26 seem biggest but help. :eek:

Trawlerfest, March 1-5 in Stuart.

:speed boat::speed boat::speed boat::speed boat::speed boat:

For the last time....it ain't that organized. But those approx. dates are good enough.

No one is in charge.

When people show up it starts...even if it is tomorrow. Some come one night, others for 5 days to a week.

I stay all year.

At some point we do ask for probable attendees only to see what the marina might need/provide.

Those providing meals might ask for definites as they are buying snacks and/or food.

If all of a sudden, more people than usual take interest, organization may start to form....

But if it stays like most years, so many people don't show or cancel at the last minute....who the heck wants to organize that?

For the last time....it ain't that organized. But those approx. dates are good enough.

Wifey B: Not for the last time, there have been dates shown in the past. Last year https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s27/2021-tf-gathering-se-fl-02-17-02-21-a-52342.html So was 2/17-2/21. Based on that I assume the meat of the action is Wednesday to Sunday which would be the 23rd through the 27th this year. Some even like to schedule special activities. I remember when Hop Car led a Canaveral entourage. :)

You know, while I won't attend, there are likely some people who might be interested in attending for the first time this year and might benefit from more information. I am trying to encourage attendance and think a Miami Boat show, TF, Passagemaker month could be great. :D

I've never known anyone who went who didn't say they were very happy they did, so hope new ones will attend as there will always be some dropouts. I intend to be doing my planned 2020 Caribbean cruising about that time. :whistling:

Obviously not for us, but with Covid receding,hope the gathering works well this year. Qantas started recalling its A380s from desert storage, travel is resuming, making for a well attended event as people get out and about. Have fun!

Obviously not for us, but with Covid receding,hope the gathering works well this year. Qantas started recalling its A380s from desert storage, travel is resuming, making for a well attended event as people get out and about. Have fun!

Long before Covid, there was always a limited number of attendees.

Each year a few regulars show with a varied group of others.

It's always a good time for those that take it for what it is...not what some outsiders think it might or should be.

It might become a major event if it got traction from a committee and organization...but so far no one has stepped up or even felt it necessary to have the good time some of us have been having for years.

For those interested in trawlering...might be worth it to attend the gathering then hang around for the Stuart Trawlerfest.

I would love to hear what you learn from both and how much fun you have at both.

Not that it matters...but having taught at one and helped form the other...the results may but may not surprise me.

Last edited:

No one is in charge.

When people show up it starts...even if it is tomorrow...

Kind of like the Sturgis Rally. For some reason that's hard for some people to grasp, so when the pearl-clutchers had a fit that "they" didn't call it off for COVID, there is no "they." Half a million bikers show up, or they don't. Organic.

Kind of like the Sturgis Rally. For some reason that's hard for some people to grasp, so when the pearl-clutchers had a fit that "they" didn't call it off for COVID, there is no "they." Half a million bikers show up, or they don't. Organic.

Exaggly..... and the regulars all can appreciate what it has become. Others are certainly welcome...

Been very quiet here...

Probably smart to start making a list. Guess I can start that at least.

And please only say you are coming if pretty serious just not thinking about it. I get that COVID is a consideration...but if we keep this mostly outside and the regulars that trust each other work together...no reason it can't be just another regular event.

When Bigfish chimes in we will know more...but anyone thinking seriously that wants to get in on Saturday Night dinner aboard GOTCHA.... Irv (Bigfish) will need an RSVP.

Start replying.

Been very quiet here...

Probably smart to start making a list. Guess I can start that at least.

And please only say you are coming if pretty serious just not thinking about it. I get that COVID is a consideration...but if we keep this mostly outside and the regulars that trust each other work together...no reason it can't be just another regular event.

When Bigfish chimes in we will know more...but anyone thinking seriously that wants to get in on Saturday Night dinner aboard GOTCHA.... Irv (Bigfish) will need an RSVP.

Start replying.

Despite my reminder to block off the dates, my wife will be going to Portland, OR from....2/16 - 2/28. So I will have to cancel my plans to attend, at least by boat. If I manage to talk someone else into coming with me I will add my name but for now, have to cancel my well plan to come. I may just drive up to meet folks. Again, I am pretty local to Ft. Pierce so if something is needed just let me know.

I just got my schedule. So far I’m only off that Saturday and Sunday. We do have some ability(based on seniority) to move stuff around so hopefully I can get it done. That trade “window” opens in a week so I’ll know more then.

Barring the unforseen, I will be there.

Ted

Thanks Scott for becoming the major Domo of this event.
Yes Watfa needs a count for dinner Saturday night as she wants to cut it off at 25 people as to make it less work in the small galley.
Great news Wendy is coming not so sure about her handler. :)
Ted you have to be there as we have your suite ready. Question do you want to go from Miami or just meet at the marina.
Wonderful this year that Don will be joining us.
Watfa is looking forward to sharing a bottle of vino with Lena.
Watfa and I are really looking forward to this years fest, COVID has really limited our travels.

Thanks again Scott your efforts are very much appreciated.

Whoa nellie.... all I said is I will start ( as it is coming fast) and take the best head count I can. Irv... is that 25 with you and Wafta? Ahmed? Or can I be 1 plus 24 more? Its first come gets on the list.

For all others..... if you want a gourmet meal and extras...better let it be known you and sig other want to join everyone on Irv's GOTCHA Sat night.

Sure I will help with other things...anyone else offering up hosting pizza night or whatever you want so I can rough out a schedule?

As we all know this thing is not really that organized and I am sure we will be reminded of how to properly do it soon enough... ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom