Water tank shut off location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pmcsurf1

Vessel Name
Agape
Vessel Make
Californian 45
We've been on the boat for about 1 week. We just ran through our first 200 gallons of water. After filling up the water pump kept running. Lost it's prime. Ideas? Anyone know where the water tank shut off valve is? I want to check for blockage but don't want 200 gallons going off if I find it.
Thanks,
Paul

In my experience this is pretty common. My trick is always to just open a faucet or two and let the air out of the system, so the pump chambers can fill with water again. They are self-priming pumps but can ‘air lock.’ YMMV.

On my boat you have to open the faucet farthest from the pump, which is the forward head sink, and then it usually runs for a while before it spits out some air.

Just open 1 spigot anywhere. The diaphragm pumps are self priming but won't against a pressure. As long as they are pumping free (no air lock on the exit) they will take up the available water.

I thought the pump was below the tank but I guess not. I'll open a faucet and try to back flush some water and see if that works. Thanks for the advice.
Strange thing is my pump pressure is at 50 psi. I thought it would be at zero. Maybe accumulator tank is holding pressure?

Back
Top Bottom