Bug report for mobile use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that when accessing TF via a mobile device (web access, not the old app), when you click the "New Posts" button, it returns and displays most recent posts, not new posts.

Most recent posts are just that, regardless of whether they have been read or not by the logged in user. New posts are the newest posts that have not been read by the current user. As a result, New Posts should only ever include unread posts. This works correctly when accessing via a computer web browser, but does not work correct when accessing via a mobile web browser (Safari in my case).

I see unread posts bolded, newest posts first and they stay in order. I like not only having an unread newest thread, gives you a chance to return to it. Wish the PC online were the same though

I see unread posts bolded, newest posts first and they stay in order. I like not only having an unread newest thread, gives you a chance to return to it. Wish the PC online were the same though

Both ways have value. i just think it should work the same way in both cases, or be called something different.

So I compared behavior on a PC and a smart device (iPhone). They both behave the same. I would not narrow the scope of this to mobile devices.

The "New Posts" link is returning a list of threads in the order of the most recent update by date and time.

The New Posts link isn't an 'Unread Posts' link. Threads with unread posts will be be in bold. Those which have been read will NOT be in bold.

The "New Posts" link is returning a list of threads in the order of the most recent update by date and time.

The New Posts link isn't an 'Unread Posts' link. Threads with unread posts will be be in bold. Those which have been read will NOT be in bold.

I think this is the case when viewed from a mobile browser, Safari in my case. New Posts retrieves all posts in newest to oldest order, highlighting those with unread content.

However when I click New Posts from FireFox on a mac, it retrieves unread (by me) posts, sorted newest to oldest. All of the posts are bolded because they contain unread content. So compared to the search performed by the mobile browser "New Posts", the non-mopbile browser's search is further qualified by "unread".

The terminology for the mobile "New Posts" might be more appropriately called "Recent Posts", where the full function browser search might be more appropriately called "Unread Posts". That appears to be what each is returning.

Are you seeing different results?

My mobile ap has totally quit.
I have deleted and re downloaded it several times but i cannot seem to get it to load up.
Any thoughts?

My mobile ap has totally quit.
I have deleted and re downloaded it several times but i cannot seem to get it to load up.
Any thoughts?

Yes, the mobile app has been discontinued. You now need to use your mobile browser. The web site detects that it's a mobile device, and behaves a bit differently, geared towards the smaller screen.

Yes, the mobile app has been discontinued. You now need to use your mobile browser. The web site detects that it's a mobile device, and behaves a bit differently, geared towards the smaller screen.

Someone should remove the app from the app store then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom