48 North Sea -- production years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZ2Loop

Vessel Name
Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Make
1990 49' Albin
Does anyone here happen to know what years Kadey Krogen built the 48 North Sea? I think it later become the 48 AE. I am looking for the years prior to becoming the AE (for budget reasons -- not that I don't like the newer models). I am not sure what years they made the 48 North Sea. Something around 2001 to 2009 or so, but I am trying to find the actual years of the 48 North Sea. Thanks in advance if anyone here happens to know.
Edit: Shortly after posting that I found the article I had seen in the past. It sounds like they made approximately 50 of them from '95 to 2010. I know of one on the market now, a 2009, if any KK enthusiasts know of others, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
About 50 and 1996 until around 2010. I believe the the AE wasn't a 'hard' start - that is, I think KK started introducing some features/design changes that would become part of the AE designation a few boats before the first boat called an AE. I wouldn't get too hung up on the AE label.

When you've seen one Krogen you've seen one Krogen.

Thank you, danderer. That is a great point about the soft start of the AE label. The 48 North Sea/AE check almost every box on our "move up" list.

Back
Top Bottom