Remove old radar screen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatrickF

Vessel Name
Grand Life
Vessel Make
1993 Grand Banks Classic 42
Hello, it is time to remove this dinosaur from the upper helm. Does any have suggestions/pics on how the repaired the hole?

Attachments

• IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 27
I have used 1/4” Starboard also 1/2” to plug unused holes in the dash before.

Patrick,
Is your dash gel-coat or painted substrate?

I use wood bungs/epoxy to fill holes like that, some body & fender work then paint. Can be tough to get paint to stick to Starboard, if that matters to you.

Patrick,
Is your dash gel-coat or painted substrate?

I use wood bungs/epoxy to fill holes like that, some body & fender work then paint. Can be tough to get paint to stick to Starboard, if that matters to you.

Paint isn’t going to stick to Starboard. I just used the Starboard as the finished dash.

Dumbwaiter.

:thumb::thumb:

Also, I'd take it out first to show us what kind of hole you're dealing with. That kind of reminds me of my old Furuno depth sounder display. Damn, the instruments have gotten so sophisticated and sleek these days. My 10 year-old state-of-the-art Raymarine MFD c-127 is now an antique.

As it is, I am the dumbwaiter leaning over the flybridge side as my girls hands up cocktails and such.

:thumb::thumb:

Also, I'd take it out first to show us what kind of hole you're dealing with. That kind of reminds me of my old Furuno depth sounder display. Damn, the instruments have gotten so sophisticated and sleek these days. My 10 year-old state-of-the-art Raymarine MFD c-127 is now an antique.

As it is, I am the dumbwaiter leaning over the flybridge side as my girls hands up cocktails and such.

Just make sure you don’t accidentally call them the dumbwaiter…

Back
Top Bottom