New Member Post and Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skippy

Vessel Name
ZETEO
Vessel Make
GB 42 Classic
I recently purchased a 1987 GB 42 with twins. I will be hauling it next Saturday. Does anyone have a lifting diagram with positioning of the lifting straps? I'd sure appreciate it.

Look at the Stainless Steel outer 1/2 moon rub rail on each side of the boat. You will see where GB used round pan head metal screws where the straps go. They protrude out, two screws mark the 4 strap locations on each side. all other screws will be flush wood screws. My 94 GB36EU has this.

If the marks / screw are difficult to see masking or black electrical tape on the gunnel make a good / welcome temporary visual indicator for crane operators.

Welcome aboard, both of you!

I recently purchased a 1987 GB 42 with twins. I will be hauling it next Saturday. Does anyone have a lifting diagram with positioning of the lifting straps? I'd sure appreciate it.

I can help you. What model is yours ? Classic - Europa - Sedan - Motor Yacht ? Shoot me a PM.

Welcome aboard to both of you. Most marinas know where to put the straps. Unless you have some unique boat, which a GB isn’t.

Pilou, mine's a GB42 Classic 1987, thanks for offering to help me. Take care, skip

GB361994, My rub rails are bronze, all the attach holes have countersunk fasteners, no pan heads. Must have been a change from my 1987 GB42 Classic to yours. Take care and thanks! skippy

1990 model hauled

These photos might help

Attachments

• DSC07442.jpg
    DSC07442.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC07443.jpg
    DSC07443.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC07444.jpg
    DSC07444.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 10
bglad, That helps, thanks, looks like the straps are pretty close together, but it worked. I'm trying to find out what the optimal strap placement should be. If I don't get any definitive information before Saturday, I'll bring your photos and do it that way. Thanks again!

The lift operator will want to know where the end of the keel is and avoid going over it. They will position the forward slings ahead of the engines. Once they start lifting they will check whether the load is balanced or not and adjust the forward slings accordingly. Also, they will want to know if there are stabilizers or other underwater appendages to keep away from the slings.

bglad, That helps, thanks, looks like the straps are pretty close together, but it worked. I'm trying to find out what the optimal strap placement should be. If I don't get any definitive information before Saturday, I'll bring your photos and do it that way. Thanks again!

Source & credit : American Marine News, Published by American Marine Pte.Ltd, Grand Banks Yachts, 26 Jalan Terusa, Singapore, 2261. Year : 1995. Volume 22/01. Page # 1.

Attachments

• GB 42 HAULED.jpg
    GB 42 HAULED.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 24
Excellent Information Pilou!

The photo has twins like mine and the strap locations for a level lift, Thanks again!

Welcome aboard to both of you. Most marinas know where to put the straps. Unless you have some unique boat, which a GB isn’t.

Yes, but when hauling the boat (and among other things too), In God We Trust, All Others We Audit.

Back
Top Bottom