Cummins engines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frejus

Hello community,
I own a GB36 powered by 2 Ford Lehman 120 and I am considering the purchase of another 36 powered by 2 Cummins 250. Does anyone have some experience with those? I am specially interested in reliability, noise level and vibrations.
Thanks for your help.

Welcome aboard. I love Cummins engines. Check out sbmar.com for lots of info on them.

I think you'll find Cummins to be noticeably quieter and smoother than Ford Lehman

I have Cummins 6bt 210 hp, which are similar. Excellent engines in all respects. Relatively quiet, no vibrations, good fuel economy, reasonable parts cost, I'd buy them again tomorrow.

I have a 1989 Jefferson with twin 5.9 250hp Cummins. They are great engines. I have not had a bit of problems with them. I brought the boat from New Jersey to Michigan in 2016 and had no issues. The boat had been a liveaboard and I had no idea what issues I would encounter along the way. I had NONE. In 2021 I took the boat up into Lake Superior and back, again no issues. Keep the fuel filters clean and oil changed regularly. They are pretty much bullet proof.

Back
Top Bottom