Where did you mount your Raymarine Network Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
I'm looking for a convenient place to mount my Raymarine Network Switch and wondered where others have. It needs to be a a dry area so the logical choice is somewhere in the main salon, maybe below the floor. Any suggestions of what others have done would be helpful.

On both, my current boat and my last boat, I mounted it in the flybridge eyebrow space. This is the big triangular storage space at the front of the flybridge.

Just as an aside, I was mounting one on a small boat, with very little room for anything. It would fit great if mounted on its side (as compared to how they designated it be mounted). I contacted Raymarine technical support and they said it would function in any orientation, but the suggested one would be best if water got into the area.

(None of that was a big surprise, but I like to check anyway.)

The one I put in was in an area that would only get wet if the boat sank, at which point the network switch wouldn't be a concern, so that gave me some options. It still wasn't mounted with the port openings facing up though.

I just mention it in case it is useful to you or someone else reading this thread with a similar question.

In our last boat I also put in under the brow in the flybridge.

On both, my current boat and my last boat, I mounted it in the flybridge eyebrow space. This is the big triangular storage space at the front of the flybridge.

Thank you. Very helpful.

Just as an aside, I was mounting one on a small boat, with very little room for anything. It would fit great if mounted on its side (as compared to how they designated it be mounted). I contacted Raymarine technical support and they said it would function in any orientation, but the suggested one would be best if water got into the area.

(None of that was a big surprise, but I like to check anyway.)

The one I put in was in an area that would only get wet if the boat sank, at which point the network switch wouldn't be a concern, so that gave me some options. It still wasn't mounted with the port openings facing up though.

I just mention it in case it is useful to you or someone else reading this thread with a similar question.

Thank you. I also questioned the orientation. I mounted it under the flybridge panel in front of the helm station.

Network Switch

My Raymarine switch was tucked up under the fly bridge instrument area. When it started acting up I replaced it with an inexpensive router. Had to get a dc-dc converter for the right voltage. Probably $25 or so total. Working fine.

Back
Top Bottom