Marlow Pilot 37

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easternshore

Vessel Name
Pearl
Vessel Make
Beneteau Flyer 12
Admiral and I have recently been diagnosed with 3 foot itis.

Cure appears to be a Marlow Pilot 37 or Marlow-Mainship Pilot 37, seen them mentioned either way. Twin engine preferred.

Preferably on the east coast, South East would be ideal.

Please PM me if you know of any available.

I see that you currently have a Pilot 34. The Marlow Pilot 37 or whatever is essentially the Pilot 34 hull with a different Euro style interior. Not an extra 3' just an extra 3' in the name. I much, much prefer the Pilot 34 to the 37.

David

Sorry, can't help but just a comment. When Marlow started building "mainship" pilots, it surprised me that they didn't offer larger engine options. Seems like they are content with slower speeds when the rest of the industry and the buyers are trending toward faster boats. As an example, the Sabres and Back Coves, especially the outboard versions. I realize this is TF and maybe speed isn't important for most here, but if/when I buy another boat, unless it was a "real" trawler and I was content with running at 7 knots or so, I'd want something that was faster on plane. Speaking of which, you may have better luck with Sabres and Back Coves than a Marlow 37 in the used market. Not sure too many have been built to date, but that's just my assumption, not based on any data other than they haven't been in production very long. Anyway, good luck with your search. Nice looking boat.

I see that you currently have a Pilot 34. The Marlow Pilot 37 or whatever is essentially the Pilot 34 hull with a different Euro style interior. Not an extra 3' just an extra 3' in the name. I much, much prefer the Pilot 34 to the 37.

David

If you look at the specs, the Marlow is indeed a bigger hull (37.5') and longer LOA (42') so I don't agree that it is a 34' with a different name. The Mainship is 34' hull and 36' LOA. I've never been on either, but I'm sure the prospective buyers would know best when looking at the Marlow.

Maybe Marlow grafted a few more feet onto the Pilot 34 and called it a 37. I once owned a Pilot 34 and saw the 37 in a boat show. The hull looked very similar to the Pilot 34. Would Marlow have designed a new hull for the 37?

David

The hull size is 3.5' longer (w/o any appendages) so maybe they were able to add more hull to the stern, who knows. I did notice the beam didn't change which is kind of unusual.

Thanks to both replies, much more info than Marlow supplies. We love Claret, our 2005 Pilot and am most comfortable with the twin engines. Just finished a major overhaul and are ready to begin some cruising. While she is great for a couple we “think” we’d like a bit more elbow room thus the 37. Been battling my other affliction which is “stuff”, have the issue in my garage and on the boat, where can I stow the stuff!

The Sabre & Back Cove are sweet but out of our price range. ❤️ the older Back Cove 37s but too pricey.

We’d like a bit more space below and the added guest stateroom is nice. We’d also like a more enclosed cockpit with A/C vs the canvas. Claret now sits in the FL sun vs our old enclosed slip in MD . We added phifertex to block the sun but like the idea of an A/C cockpit which can be opened via the read door.

The FL lotto hasn’t helped with a new boat purchase thus looking at a 2016+ M37 though what looks nice in a brochure may not be the answer.

While Mainship isn’t a Sabre or Back cove we’ve been happy with Claret and believe Mainship is an excellent value. Spent the past 3 years here in FL finding knowledgeable and reputable mechanics familiar with the brand, Yanmars, and the M/C units and would like to stick with them if needed.

My experience with "stuff" is you'll accumulate enough to fill whatever storage capacity you have. Unfortunately, I have a garage with loft, and a large attic and basement. I'm doomed.

Also, I haven't priced a Marlow, but my assumption is that they are not the bargain that Manships were. My point is that a few year old Marlow may not be any cheaper than a Back Cove that is 10 or so years older. All Back Coves are single engine, so should be cheaper to maintain and easier to work on.

Thanks

you are correct, an older BC vs newer Mainship (or Marlow MS) would be nice though there is an approx $100k difference in the prices of the BC vs Pilot 37s.
Thanks for your input!

Admiral and I have recently been diagnosed with 3 foot itis.

Cure appears to be a Marlow Pilot 37 or Marlow-Mainship Pilot 37, seen them mentioned either way. Twin engine preferred.

Preferably on the east coast, South East would be ideal.

Please PM me if you know of any available.
Hello, are you still looking for a MM37 Pilot? I am considering selling my 2015, with many regrets since she has been a great boat with 2 cabins and 2 heads, unusual in a boat of this size. I moved up from a Mainship Pilot 34 and appreciated the extra room.

Back
Top Bottom