Fortress for general use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You all know I am a Danforth guy :thumb:

In MY experience it is NOT that the Danforth style will not set upon reversal, It's that the chain/line can wrap around the shank or the side bars and foul. I mean that has happened to me several times in my old boat when I had chain/line combo rode. We would simply pull up the anchor if we suspected that (happened from time to time in a certain anchorage) and re-drop.

A few times it came up fouled. And when it's fouled its just a 20 pound blob.

Knock on wood it has not happened with all chain rode on my current boat/setup.

I've had chain wrap around the bars upon retrieval. Pretty rare, however it does happen. Believe that the chain is being retrieved and the last couple feet grab a bar. What's great is because of the Fortress's weight it's easily rectified.

Most of the time if your set properly, you back down and lay out chain you sit on the chain and the anchor just acts as a fixed point your arcing around.

You all know I am a Danforth guy :thumb:
In MY experience it is NOT that the Danforth style will not set upon reversal, It's that the chain/line can wrap around the shank or the side bars and foul. I mean that has happened to me several times in my old boat when I had chain/line combo rode. We would simply pull up the anchor if we suspected that (happened from time to time in a certain anchorage) and re-drop.
A few times it came up fouled. And when it's fouled its just a 20 pound blob.

What was the original (unfouled) weight of the anchor in the first place?

-Chris

Anchoring here is done for this season. Now as I type, my intention is to swap my 80# Manson with my FX55 Fortress and give it a try.

And if by chance there are any Delta lovers still around, I can give you a good deal on my used but very little used 88#. There is a reason that that it still shows signs of newness :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom