Too cold Vamos Ensenada!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksanders

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
DOS PECES
Vessel Make
BAYLINER 4788
Last night crossed the line for us!!!

It got down to 50 and we had to turn on the heaters.

This week we are Leaving Ensenada and heading down the Baja where the weather is more reasonable!

Attachments

• 0F4BFEA8-DB7A-4016-9B61-34496E735A84.jpg
    0F4BFEA8-DB7A-4016-9B61-34496E735A84.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 47
  • D11E8FE1-E2DB-4709-B71D-A91456B74063.jpg
    D11E8FE1-E2DB-4709-B71D-A91456B74063.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 0BF492A5-E6C7-4E44-BBC3-8433138BE430.jpg
    0BF492A5-E6C7-4E44-BBC3-8433138BE430.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 36
Hope to catch up with you at some point in baja.
I cross over next week, setup my place in Mulege.
Then back to Ensenada to crew my gal's boat south for the winter. Moorage at Santa Rosalia in December.

Hope to catch up with you at some point in baja.
I cross over next week, setup my place in Mulege.
Then back to Ensenada to crew my gal's boat south for the winter. Moorage at Santa Rosalia in December.

We will meet up. We plan on visiting Santa Rosalia this winter.
We stopped there in the truck once and want to go back and explore. The old part of town is fantastic!

It got nice again. Will be sticking around for start of Baja Mille. At cruiseport village, Ensenada centro, front row seats for race.
Anyone else in the 'hood for this?

It got nice again. Will be sticking around for start of Baja Mille. At cruiseport village, Ensenada centro, front row seats for race.
Anyone else in the 'hood for this?

We are just up the street and are leaving port in the morning

Definitely nice down there in the late Fall and Winter. I am not a fan of the Summer temps when it’s 100F in the Summer and still sweltering at night.

Definitely nice down there in the late Fall and Winter. I am not a fan of the Summer temps when it’s 100F in the Summer and still sweltering at night.
I assume you are speaking of further down Baja than Ensenada. Even in dead of summer, Ensenada may reach 85 degrees. Similar climate to San Diego.

Peter

Yes, was referring to Cabo/La Paz where I believe he is going and most cruisers eventually end up. Not my cup of tea for Summers, but that is the beauty of a boat and chasing the weather that you prefer.

We are about halfway between Mulege and La Paz at the moment and it is pretty darn cool and blustery. We arrived SOC in early November and it has been pretty breezy and cool the whole time-much different than last November.
I am happy to be travelling southward generally as about three of every four days has a pretty stiff northerly this year. We made the crossing with 18-23 knots slightly quartered to starboard aft quarter and then had a move from Caleta San Juanico down to Puerto Escondido with17-20 knots following.
I would not have been out there either day in my heavy displacement monohull, but this cat is just unbelievable in terms of comfort and fun in those conditions.

Last night crossed the line for us!!!

It got down to 50 and we had to turn on the heaters.

This week we are Leaving Ensenada and heading down the Baja where the weather is more reasonable!

Looks like you are at Hotel Corral. I was at Cruise Port in 2007 and recently at Baja Naval. Have a pleasant journey South

"Go south until the butter melts". Paradise Village is a good choice, if they have a vacancy and you have a plush budget. 66* last night at Puerto Escodido

We have been here for 18 years. Sold the boat 4 years ago and bought acondo. Always summed over at Paradise Village as the insurance company considers the area a hurricane hole. Got down here on Nov 5 and have experienced the coldest November sine we started coming down. Always loved Habging on a mooring at Puerto Escondido.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom