side-power bow thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salzarulo

My side-power thruster will turn on when both on buttons are pressed and released. (The on light stays on) After it is on, pressing the port or starboard thruster will only produce slight motor noise with no thrust. However, if I press and hold down the two on buttons, and while holding the on buttons in, press for port or starboard thrust, the thruster works fine. Any ideas on this?

Sounds like the relay but give the folks at NE Bow Thruster a call. They were very helpful resolving my issue last fall

Welcome aboard. We had a Sidepower thruster in our last boat. I installed it in the stern. If I had an issue I would call Imtra. They are the distributor for Sidepower. They were very helpful.

My side-power thruster will turn on when both on buttons are pressed and released. (The on light stays on) After it is on, pressing the port or starboard thruster will only produce slight motor noise with no thrust. However, if I press and hold down the two on buttons, and while holding the on buttons in, press for port or starboard thrust, the thruster works fine. Any ideas on this?

While I would also call Imtra, my bet is that they will tell you to replace the control button module. I've replaced 2 in the last 8 years. On my boat there are 2 stations, so it's pretty easy to confirm the control is the failure point.

I keep a spare on board.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom