Samsung tablet/navionics question. Is there a way to keep your position cenas moved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capran

Vessel Name
Honu
Vessel Make
Helmsman 38/Mariner Saville 37
As we moved, our position gradually disappeared. I thought maybe there was a way to stay centered, so that as boat moves the chart moves. This is our first attempt at naviaonics. I'm still living in windows 95. LOL

Hi,

on my device it is to press the round picture in the lower left corner, which is used to select north up or course up and some third option that I don't understand. it has to be done every time you zoom the map.

NBs

When we leave today I will try that. on the brand new Samsung tablet with Navionics, the bottom left starts with a pin, then two squares that look like it might be layers and then a directional arrow that currently is set at direction of travel, but can be changed to north, so it would seem that is for that setting rather than keeping the chart centered around the boat, so that as the boat travels, the chart moves to where the boat is. I did some adjustments in the Menu under Map Options including Course Up, Easy view to increase the font, and a friend adjusted it to feet from meters, which was tapping on the water level setting.

In the bottom left corner of mine is a small blue circle with a pointer(arrow shape) this changes the view, centres on your position, north up, course up. If you have the cross hairs activated, the chart centres on that. My cross hairs shut off after a moment and then the chart centres on the boat. Touching that arrow also shuts off the cross hairs and centres on the boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom