Pilot 30 -Trim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nveater

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pathfinder
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30
So I am starting my third year with my 1999 Pilot 30 which I am enjoying, but have questions about its trim. It seems to be sitting lower aft than other Pilot's I have seen. The trim hasn't changed since I have owned her but for to my eye she seems stern heavy. For example the engine exhaust is half covered by water . There are not a lot of items in the stern locker just a couple of buckets, some cleaning supplies and 2 extra fender. I querying other Pilot owners to see if they have added any weight up front or if they feel their boats are also stern heavy. Thanks

I have a different hull design, but my side exhaust is a bit in the water. Other than getting rid of the Brait part of my combination anchor rode the only forward weight added is 80 more feet of 1/4" chain to the 100 feet the boat came with.

I have a different hull design, but my side exhaust is a bit in the water. Other than getting rid of the Brait part of my combination anchor rode the only forward weight added is 80 more feet of 1/4" chain to the 100 feet the boat came with.
Thanks for the response- it's not serious more curious especially as I look more closely at other Pilot 30s (which I see more on YouTube) and try to perceive how they are trimmed. I am curious to how other owners are seeing their vessels.

Like Rich said, I too have added chain to my anchor system, now I have 135' of 1/4" G4 chain with 300' of Rode, (We anchor a lot deeper here in the west) I also tow a 300# Center Console Inflatable behind me, my exhaust stays just barely above the water, it's normal, assuming you are fully trimmed bow down. Rich has another idea for your tabs if you ask him nicely! :)

Hey Rich- I was told if I asked nicely you would tell me about trim tabs ??

Thanks, Nigel

Back
Top Bottom