New (to me) GB 36 in Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrawlerDavid

I'm very pleased to report that I closed last week on my 1976 Grand Banks 36. She was clearly well loved by the prior owner and spent summers cruising the San Juan Islands. I plan to keep her at Shilshole in Seattle and nticipate exploring and cruising Puget Sound in coming years. I sort of retired last summer so will have time to putter, which to me is part of the fun on boats. I posted a few times to this forum with questions before making the decision to move forward, and the collective wisdom was very helpful. I look forward to sharing and learning as a new trawler owner. I have a great name for her, but can't say it until I satisfy Neptune with the required ceremony.

Congratulations! See you on the water.

Congrats on your new boat. Got any photos?

Congratulations, we did the name change as well with Neptune's blessing. I'm not particularly superstitious, but why tempt? Seems to have gone well, and I got the name I always wanted. Goood luck!

Congratulations. To my eye, the GB36 is the quintessential trawler. The 36 especially is such a versatile boat - easily managed as a starter boat, big enough to satisfy an owner for a lifetime. Great choice especially for you intended cruising grounds.

Reach out if you need help posting pictures.......

Peter

Congrats! That will be a great marina to station her at.

Congrats. You’ll love that boat.
Thanks! Most recently we lived in Philadelphia and had a Pearson 33 on the Bohemia River and Chesapeake for 8 years. I'm looking forward to the GB 36 and new and different adventures.

Congratulations, we did the name change as well with Neptune's blessing. I'm not particularly superstitious, but why tempt? Seems to have gone well, and I got the name I always wanted. Goood luck!
Thanks! Agree- why tempt the fates and better safe than sorry with Neptune.

Congrats on owning the quintessential trawler. That is one of the trawler world’s best and most handsome designs. We are right around the corner in Elliot Bay and will look for you this summer.

Of course, you need to get the renaming ceremony right. I am by trade a soulless scientist living a so-called evidence-based life. Until I step on a boat. Then I am as superstitious as anyone and firmly believe in boat karma.

To hedge your bets you might want to pay homage to both Neptune and Poseidon. After all, Neptune is just the Greek god Poseidon in a toga.
Here is a very elaborate renaming ceremony involving substantial alcohol and none of the bs of breaking a bottle (so early 20th Century). The disagreement I have is that the champagne should be poured on the deck from east to west, not in the water. At least that is the way some report it from Greek tradition. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom