New Owner 34 foot Marine Trader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Byrdman

I just purchased a 1986 34 foot Marine Trader and am in the process of restoring her. She needs both fuel tanks replaced ( I am thinking of going back with plastic) and her rear door assembly is rotted beyond repair.
Any Suggestions ?

Thank You so Much !
What are you gonna replace the tanks with..ie premade plastic tanks or custom ?

Can you list the size and manufacturer please? this would save me a ton of research

Don't think I have ever seen a DIY tank replacement done the same way twice.

If you click my profile I think I have some pictures in an album there.

What other projects are near the top of your list?

I have to replace the stern door assembly. It has rotted through and was leaking

I ordered from Great Lakes Skipper. Didn't look like they had any on their website now. I know when I bought mine directly from them they were also selling them on Ebay for $100 more.
AMERI-KART BOAT FUEL GAS TANK F3707 | 37 GALLON OFF-WHITE POLY.

I chose these tanks for
1. Cost, Under $600 shipped to my door.
2. Availability, they were on my doorstep 3 days after I placed my order. I was kind of on a time crunch to get launched and move to another marina.
3. Ease of installation, I didn't have to move much to get them into place. Dropped in the hatch and slid them over.

When they delivered the tanks I wasn't happy with the fit and finish on one and they sent a replacement no problem.

Yes, there are plenty of other options.

Some use the Moeller 50 gallon tanks.

Nick F. on here had a great write up on his tank replacement-custom aluminum.

I may eventually add more capacity but I wanted more room right now for more batteries for upgrading to solar, and more holding tank capacity in the future to be able to stay at anchor longer.

I will probably go with the Moeller 50 gallon which would give me over 250 miles which would suit my needs perfectly.
Thank You so much. You have been a wonderful help !
Andrew

Back
Top Bottom