Laying out of electrical panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sndog

So it begins. The laying out-of the electrical system I designed and now making sure spacing and everything is good before I order the electrical box

Attachments

• 20230713_164901.jpg
    20230713_164901.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 49
Impressive. Can you give us a walk through?

Absolutely. I have also uploaded a block diagram of this.

Basically it takes the input and the breakers operate normally, but the out ouput is either controlled by a contactor, essentially a large current relay, or a normal type relay.

The relays and contactors are controlled by smart controllers. The buttons go in the control panel to control each output from the panel. Then there is a keypad that goes in the helm. But the whole system can also be controlled by any tablet or phone as well.

Attachments

• Overall electrical panel 05.18.23.jpg
    Overall electrical panel 05.18.23.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 37
Are you using shellys? I'm redesigning mine with them.

I'm afraid the image is illegible, probably due to down-sizing by TF. Maybe attach a PDF?

So it's intended to be like a CZone or Octopus system for lighting and other switch control?

I would love to do the same. But I am thinking it would take me weeks or months to do the whole job. Going from a analog panel to a digital one. Bring my boat unusable during that time.

CZone was very pricy too.

Where will you find room enough to mount all of that?

I'm afraid the image is illegible, probably due to down-sizing by TF. Maybe attach a PDF?

So it's intended to be like a CZone or Octopus system for lighting and other switch control?

This should work, pdf of it.

I looked at doing something similar, but was turning into a massive hassle, maybe in the future I will, but currently, this is just turning the power on/off to the different systems.

Attachments

• AC DC Distribution 06.28.23.pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 43
Where will you find room enough to mount all of that?

Looking at a control panel of 48" x 48" in the engine room. The engine room is around 14' x 14'. Currently housing two engines and two gensets. Gutted everything else. Will have the control panel, ~110kwh of lithium, 20kw of inverters, a water maker, and a scuba tank compressor.

Looks pretty similar to the industrial control panels I build for custom equipment. If I were starting from scratch I’d be doing something similar, but not with pre-packaged touch panels. I like to build my own stuff though.
With distributed i/o and high speed coms you can get pretty creative.

Looks pretty similar to the industrial control panels I build for custom equipment. If I were starting from scratch I’d be doing something similar, but not with pre-packaged touch panels. I like to build my own stuff though.
With distributed i/o and high speed coms you can get pretty creative.

That is exactly what I was thinking of. Figured it would make it easier and more robust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom