Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems it does not provide easy engine compartment access. Perhaps there are long and wide floor hatches I did not recognize?? One of my most pronounced needs on any boat owned is ease of access to engine. Stand up is a must... compartment must have wide and long open hatches that enable virtually unlimited headroom or an actual engine room I can stand upright in. My bod is not built for stoop/kneel crawl space effects or... God Forbid... hour after hour of ongoing, bent over mechanical efforts.

Seems it does not provide easy engine compartment access. Perhaps there are long and wide floor hatches I did not recognize?? One of my most pronounced needs on any boat owned is ease of access to engine. Stand up is a must... compartment must have wide and long open hatches that enable virtually unlimited headroom or an actual engine room I can stand upright in. My bod is not built for stoop/kneel crawl space effects or... God Forbid... hour after hour of ongoing, bent over mechanical efforts.

There are engine hatches just inside the salo[o]n which seems almost centered in the boat... Besides, it's wood, cut wherever you need to cut... You can always glue it back :)

Attachments

• 19_4.jpg
    19_4.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 54
Nice big aluminum coastal cruiser. I like the wide open feel which while not very handy in sporty seas, would be comfortable the rest of the time ;)

Plus I’m a tall guy.

It's not clear why you would send that to me.
If you post on a thread you often get sent email notice of posts added to it. From memory, you can turn that function off.

If you post on a thread you often get sent email notice of posts added to it. From memory, you can turn that function off.
That's what happened. I didn't send JWellington a direct message and I don't have his email.

The seller is honest about the damage.
Located in Buford GA near Lake Lanier. Hauling it to the coast or major river would be expensive.
It has two gas burning engines.
I dont need a boat that large and I'd be afraid to offer him $5K

Last edited:
Located in Buford GA near Lake Lanier. Hauling it to the coast or major river would be expensive.

The listing mentioned the transom is damaged, but curiously doesn't include a picture of it. I mean, it was already a NO F'ING WAY set of red flags, but that doesn't help.

Feel bad for the folks involved. Lots of boat going to get scrapped.

Truck it to a lot in the woods and Air bnb it out.

I had two thoughts for this boat. A DIY guy could go all in and convert it to straight inboards and run 3.9 Cummings with keel cooling. Then completely go nuts with the interior. Second idea would be as mentioned, seal her up and renovate her good enough to live in like a small cabin/cottage.

People move huge mobile homes around this area so getting her moved won't be a big deal, it will be around $10,000 though to get her seaside.

Did Albin make a center cockpit with a cabin fwd and cabin aft?

Did Albin make a center cockpit with a cabin fwd and cabin aft?

Yup. At least one I know of, a 28-footer. Traveled some distance alongside one and got to know the owners. They liked the layout. It was sort of somewhere between a trawler and an express cruiser.

Still not sure about the look of newer Power Cats, but this Boat Test video impressed me. Unlike most test videos taken in flat calm, there's a decent sea state & it's neat to see how a big powercat interacts with the waves. It looks like a very comfortable ride.

https://boattest.com/boat/leopard/53-powercat-2020

Also very impressed with range and economy (understand that these are for an unladen boat but still)
1.1nmpg at 16.8k
3.2nmpg at 8.2k
4.6nmpg at 7.1k

Yup. At least one I know of, a 28-footer. Traveled some distance alongside one and got to know the owners. They liked the layout. It was sort of somewhere between a trawler and an express cruiser.

Do you remember the model name?
I was hoping to read about them

Last edited:
Still not sure about the look of newer Power Cats, but this Boat Test video impressed me. Unlike most test videos taken in flat calm, there's a decent sea state & it's neat to see how a big powercat interacts with the waves. It looks like a very comfortable ride.

https://boattest.com/boat/leopard/53-powercat-2020

Also very impressed with range and economy (understand that these are for an unladen boat but still)
1.1nmpg at 16.8k
3.2nmpg at 8.2k
4.6nmpg at 7.1k

I'm impressed! Co$t??

I'm impressed! Co$t??

More than I can spend! :)

One source has $1.3m for the 53. I think the 43 is $500k base or so, I imagine $650k out the door? Not really sure as there's one too many zeros on all of these numbers for me at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom