Headsets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm surprised at comments about difficulty pairing the SENA headsets.

Everyone turn on. Everyone hold the button for two beeps. One user touches the button for one beep. Done.

??

-Chris

At first a charge lasts a very long time but after about five years the batteries seem to go down hill.. I just buy another pair.. well worth the cost to have anchoring or mooring pickup go well.

I've read the SENA batteries can actually be replaced... using a driver set appropriate for changing laptop batteries, or for adjusting eyeglasses, etc.

Haven't had to try that yet. No clue what the actual batteries are...

-Chris

We've used Eartech master slave units for at least ten years on Fintry and Morning light -- docking, anchoring and in over 100 locks. We have four of them for use in locks, or so guests can be part of the docking process when appropriate.

It is possible to turn off the remote by holding the button, but we often just take out the battery.

We tried sets that covered both ears and didn't like them.

One of the good thing about having deckhands have headsets is that the driver can give instructions to people on the dock without yelling by telling the deckhand what they want.

Jim

Love our EarTech, we have the one ear model and they have safety loop, we lost one in 2019 when a crew member had it on and jumped to the dock so learned from that mistake. :(....

The set you show could be heavy which would be a problem for a partial day wear. If they aren't comfortable you won't wear them defeating the purpose.

Myteamtalks.com are what we use.

We wear them at the obvious time of docking/unlocking, anchoring , locking, etc but also when one of us leaves the bridge underway.

Easy to use and works well with hearing aids that I wear.

I guess we're just fortunate to have a smaller boat along with a bow thruster and compliant admiral we do fine.

Back
Top Bottom