Do you have to pay to park at your marina?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you pay a fee to park at your marina?

• Total voters
At Ft Pierce City Marina (FL) there is really very limited marina parking. Much of it is really just downtown parking.

The one lot for about 50 cars (1/10 needed for the marina), was split into free permit parking on first come basis and the other half is designated pay parking at $50/month.

Most liveaboards jump on that whenever it becomes available as it's the only way you know you will get a spot within a 1/2 mile of the marina.

I would not mind a fee if it was an assigned space for my vehicle only, and if it was enforced. As it is now, there are times when all the parking is taken, usually during special events, and no consideration is made for those of us who have a boat at the marina.

IF they are charging you, they must be assuming some liability for your car?
Nope. Just post signs saying so...maybe put it on a contract or the back of the parking ticket.

I own my own marina.:thumb:

However, I only have one slip in my marina......:socool::rofl:

Attachments

• Dock.jpg
    Dock.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 38
Hearing what some of you guys deal with for parking, the parking situation at my current marina must mean I can never move the boat... Because I'm in a bulkhead slip and not out on one of the long docks, the typical walk from my car to the boat is about 12 feet. End of the finger pier is a sidewalk width from a row of parking spaces.

Nope. Just post signs saying so...maybe put it on a contract or the back of the parking ticket.

That back of the ticket has gone to court and found to be invalid.

Greetings,
Mr. OD. In some cases it has been deemed invalid and not so in others. It's the law but as we both know, neither you nor I are able to interpret the law, THAT costs $$.

Greetings,
Mr. OD. In some cases it has been deemed invalid and not so in others. It's the law but as we both know, neither you nor I are able to interpret the law, THAT costs $$.

:thumb:

The way this reads your not paying to park in your marina your paying to park on public streets or lots. I'd expect to pay doing that.

Find another marina with parking.

No marina's with parking... You pays to play !!

The way this reads your not paying to park in your marina your paying to park on public streets or lots. I'd expect to pay doing that.

Find another marina with parking.

No marina's with parking... You pays to play !!

$10 for what period of time?

Oddly enough, free in my SFO area marina. They are probably monitoring this and I’ll get a bill next month.

It's not supply and demand. These lots are never close to full, or even half full. It isn't city streets, the lots are clearly part of the marina and serve no other purpose. There isn't shopping nearby. It is just a tax - I'd as soon they raised the price of the slip and let us park. With this scheme you need to file an application apparently in person with photo ID and pay a separate entity entirely.

Neither the marina, nor the parking authority could tell me what the regulations are (that I must promise to obey). They suggested I call parking enforcement and ask them.

No charge to park in our marina inside a state park either, although we do have to buy a state park pass to get in. $6 for a day visit or $30 for one annual pass, $45 for two car stickers. As slip holders we do get reserved parking along the docks.

Free at both my marina and at the Club, RMYC, which has attached large marina. To keep parking space available by you keeping your car at home, after you load your boat pre cruise,an RMYC vehicle will follow you driving your car home and return you to the marina. Club buses are also used as so called "drunk buses" for home pickup and return.

It's not supply and demand. These lots are never close to full, or even half full. It isn't city streets, the lots are clearly part of the marina and serve no other purpose. There isn't shopping nearby. It is just a tax - I'd as soon they raised the price of the slip and let us park. With this scheme you need to file an application apparently in person with photo ID and pay a separate entity entirely.

Neither the marina, nor the parking authority could tell me what the regulations are (that I must promise to obey). They suggested I call parking enforcement and ask them.

It’s a user fee not a tax. A tax would be charging everyone in Vallejo so that you could park for free.

No, not only do we not have to pay to park at our own marina, we are given placards, so that we can park in the closed off area, closest to our boats.

I've never seen any marina in my life charge for parking, but I would imagine as governments spend more and more money, they will need more and more money, and will continue to look for new ways to obtain it.

Anyone remember if the Mega Dock in Charleston charges separate for parking?

My friend who kept his boat there I think used to complain about paying and there not being enough spots.

We’re in a private marina and each slip gets two free parking stickers. When we leave on Hobo, we’re allowed to keep 1 car there for free. We do leave a deposit with the marina for our return slip. No trailers are allowed.

Free parking at our marina. No limitations on how many cars or how long. They don't issue permits of any kind either. It does get crowded some holiday weekend days, which means you might have to walk 75 yards. The marina does like you to leave your keys in the car if you park on the dock, but don't insist.

Picture this:
East side behind a wall, apartments.... gate in the wall
North side, a strip commercial shopping area extending to the west.
Around back of shopping area, (north) the 100 slip marina.
Posted, "No overnight parking, violators will be towed at their expense"
MORE than enough parking for the stores.
Slip owners get a placard to hang over the rear view mirror bracket "Slip owner". We get 24 hours, 7 days a week SMILE
The apartment folks put their overflow cars on the east side of the parking lot knowing full well they are subject to towing. I dont know of any cars being towed but, they are warned.
If the marina folks have over night guest, contact the marina office and they will issue a placard.
For boats in the marina, free golf cart service.... 8am-10pm (Tips appreciated.)
Price, zero. (smile) Shhhhh, dont tell anyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom