cold plate refrigerator not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpackard

Vessel Name
formerly owned Puffin/Lilliana
Vessel Make
Willard 30/40
I am on my way to Alaska and my cold plate fridge stopped working. The fridge motor is running but the plate is not getting cold. I am guessing that the refrigerant has leaked out. Other than a leak in the lines do Adler/Barbour cold machines have any diagnostics?

I am trying to locate a serve tech in either Prince Rupert or Ketchikan but so far no luck. Any suggestions?

Richard P

You should have a sight window somewhere in your coolant line. With the system running you will probably see air bubbles circulating past the window. That means your coolant is low. An auto/RV mechanic can service that system. No need to find a “marine” tech. If your system is low on coolant, the question that needs an answer is why (?).

I just had my HVAC filled. It's only two years old, so obviously a leak somewhere. The tech pressurized the system with nitrogen and we could not find a leak. He added a product called Super Seal advanced, along with recharging the system with 410. The tech said the sealer would go to any pin sized holes, which are extremely hard to find, and seal them. I figured I would try this before going to crazy on replacing parts. It's only been a month, but everything is working fine.

Back
Top Bottom