Brower WC 800 - Lifting Capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hestia1997

Does anyone know the lifting capacity of a Brower WC 800 crane? I am assuming it is 800 lbs, but would like to confirm.

FWIW, The capacity of the entire system is what is critical. The motor and structure is just one part of the equation.

Brower numbers indicate the crane’s max load. I have a Brower 1500 and a Brower 1000. The 1500 is rated for a max of 1500 and the 1000 is rated for a max of 1000.

I have seen a number of structural failures with 20 year old cranes. While the cranes are initially designed to handle 3x the rating after 20 years I have seen several base failures from loads right around the max limit. Cranes need to be inspected, especially if you are working near max capacity.

I currently have limited my 1000 to a max of 500 lbs.

I have a Brower Crane, and if I recall correctly, its 1,600 lb rating was based on the crane being tilted up at 30 degrees -- any more horizontal position would put more strain on the crane than it was rated to handle. I suggest that you make sure to use your crane only in a way that complies with any similar requirements applicable to your model.

Thanks all for your replies and information. Does anyone have contact information for Russ is used to work at Brower? I used to have his number, but can't find it.

Back
Top Bottom