Adding Boat Name & Home Port to Sunbrella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artfulltune

Vessel Name
HAVEN
Vessel Make
Golden Star 35
:confused: I've asked around and didn't come up with anything as yet, but, I'm sure someone on the Forum can answer my question. I'm considering scrapping the heavy, solid "washboard" panels on my aft deck with Sunbrella, or similar. My boat name and home port is "decal-ed" on the panels at present and of course, I will need to add these to the fabric. My question is, how will I do this?

I have used heat transfer vinyl on cotton canvas. Sunbrella being acrylic has a lower melting point, but you should be able to find a product or process that works. A quick search found references to thermoflex low temp, the adhesive temps are still borderline, but I suspect it will work. Might have to get a sample of both the fabric and HTV and test it out.

Lots of places can cut the vinyl, as that’s what most graphics are made from today.

Maybe have an upholsterer sew the name on a piece of fabric and sew it to the canvas. I would not use a heat transfer on Sunbrella.

Well, gee...guess if I continue my project I'll "wrap" the deck in a cheaper grade of fabric...like cotton and use an iron on transfer decal. Thanks guys.

Raven mills has information on their web site. A search using “adding graphics to Sunbrella” will bring it up along with other methods if you don’t want to seek out a manufacturer that uses their machine. We had a banner made with our boat name on it but it is heavy vinyl not Sunbrella. There are options out there to do what you want.

Hello Roughknit, thanks I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom