Saved a LOT on My Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliet 15

Vessel Name
Knot Hours
Vessel Make
Hatteras 58 LRC
2 years ago we bought our boat (Hat 58LRC). Insurance was $1700 for $325k agreed value.
- No changes to the policy, but it went up to $2200 the next year.
- This year it went up again to almost $2700.

Again, no change to value/policy.

I started looking. Based on a tip (thanks "Irene") I went thru Ron Randall at Bristol Marine Ins (Seattle). They got me a policy with an A+ rated company for over $1000 less than my current company.

Concerned it was too good to be true I got a friend in the insurance business to do some research for me. This is what he said: "xxxx xxxx is rated A+ by A.M. Best with a financial size of XV which is very good."

Ron Randall, Bristol Marine Insurance, 206-909-3337.

Good luck.

Be thankful your not south like we are. It’s stupidly high!

2 years ago we bought our boat (Hat 58LRC). Insurance was $1700 for $325k agreed value.
- No changes to the policy, but it went up to $2200 the next year.
- This year it went up again to almost $2700.

Again, no change to value/policy.

I started looking. Based on a tip (thanks "Irene") I went thru Ron Randall at Bristol Marine Ins (Seattle). They got me a policy with an A+ rated company for over $1000 less than my current company.

Concerned it was too good to be true I got a friend in the insurance business to do some research for me. This is what he said: "xxxx xxxx is rated A+ by A.M. Best with a financial size of XV which is very good."

Ron Randall, Bristol Marine Insurance, 206-909-3337.

Good luck.

You didn't mention Liability limit. While hull value has an affect on the price Liability limits do as well are we talking $300,000 or $2,000,000.

I have had my insurance through Bristol (different agent) for many years and have been VERY happy with the rates, the coverage, the service they provide and they have worked on my behalf when I've filed claims.

You didn't mention Liability limit. While hull value has an affect on the price Liability limits do as well are we talking $300,000 or $2,000,000.

Yes, great point. It's $1M per accident.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom