Trawler builder forum for Mariner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salgado1

Hi,
Wondering if anyone is aware of a forum, either here on TravelForum or elsewhere for the Mariner brand?

To clarify, I'm specifically referring to the Mariners built in China by Steve Smith and original sold under Island Yacht Sales.

My wife and I enjoy owning our (new to us) Mariner Orient 38 and would like to communicate with other owners. Thanks.

You had me all excited. I own a Mariner built in Vancouver. There were a number built but I believe only a few remaining. I have been trying to get a history on the Mariners built in BC but not much luck so far.

I think the another Mariner brand was/is also built in Australia.

The Australian "Mariner" brand was created by Bill Barry Cotter in ?1970s. He progressed to building under the brand Riviera, and now Maritimo. Riviera continues under other ownership.
The Mariner Orient 38(and PT Cruiser)seem to bear similarity to later "Clipper" branded boats sold here. So do some North Pacific, which I understand are built in the same factory as "Clipper".

Salgado1
I paid for a survey on a 38 Mariner Orient, yesterday. I was very disappointed to find that even with 440hp, the boat will only do 7.5 knots. I assume from this experience that the hull is full displacement.
Is this the max speed of your boat as well?

Also- the surveyor found wet wood on the deck near the bow and going aft down both sides. Have you had similar issues?

Thanks,

Dave

Salgado1
I paid for a survey on a 38 Mariner Orient, yesterday. I was very disappointed to find that even with 440hp, the boat will only do 7.5 knots. I assume from this experience that the hull is full displacement.
Is this the max speed of your boat as well?

Also- the surveyor found wet wood on the deck near the bow and going aft down both sides. Have you had similar issues?

Thanks,

Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom