Covid-19 in MINK now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FF

Guru

SARS-CoV-2 mink-associated variant strain – Denmark - WHO

www.who.int › csr › don › 06-november-2020-mink-a...

3 days ago — Since June 2020, 214 human cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Denmark with SARS-CoV-2 variants associated with farmed minks, including 12 cases with a unique variant, reported on 5 November. All 12 cases were identified in September 2020 in North Jutland, Denmark.

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak ... - WHO/Europe

www.euro.who.int › news › news › 2020/11 › mink-str...

2 days ago — On 5 November 2020, health authorities in Denmark reported 12 human cases of COVID-19 caused by a specific mink-associated variant strain ...

From the headlines I read here, it looks like they are planning to kill 17 million farmed mink in Denmark in order to make sure they control this outbreak to the greatest extent possible.

Yes, as reported on TF a month ago, Utah mink farms have been doing same culling due to virus.

From Dr. J. Campbell, England has closed down travel from Denmark, and Danish officials have closed off the area to internal travel. Apparently this new variant is a large mutation and there is concern (don't know anything for sure yet) that vaccines may not be effective on this new strain or even that if this gets out, it could be different enough that there is no natural immunity from being previously infected with Covid?????
By this, I am not saying doom and gloom, only that some officials are taking it seriously, which until proven not to be, is not a bad idea.

I`m reading that the Pfizer vaccine doesn`t stop you contracting Covid but stops you getting sick. You can still infect others. True or false? The road to an effective vaccine looks to have twists, turns, and stops.
Do the mink farmers still use the pelts of the millions of mink they kill?

"Do the mink farmers still use the pelts of the millions of mink they kill?"

They soon will,, the "scientists" just did a 180 and the minks are now being dug up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom