Well here we are....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
It's February 2nd, Groundhog Day, Super Bowl Day, and not one word on TF about who wants which team to win.

Have we, as a nation, totally lost interest in the NFL. Other than the MSM who goes gaga over every little nuance of the game, have we gotten to the point where we don't give a crap who wins?

What say you?

KC. I love watching Mahomes in action. An unorthodox magician.

Not political enough!!!!LOL

Who watches the NFL any more. College FB all the way baby......

Were gonna be watching the game here in Mazatlan, big screen, poo poo’s, and lots of cold brew to go with it.
Best part is the commercials!
Cheers

I stopped watching it after they banned naked ta tas!

France won over England today in the 6 nations rugby tournament, that's enough for me. :)

L

Greetings,
Mr. GFC. I don't even give a crap who plays or IF anyone plays. Way too much emphasis on sports from high school on up IMO.

I'll bet 90% of the kids in school today can name 5X as many sports personalities as American Presidents. In the south, make that NASCAR drivers.

Sorry...

Greetings,
Mr. GFC. I don't even give a crap who plays or IF anyone plays. Way too much emphasis on sports from high school on up IMO.

I'll bet 90% of the kids in school today can name 5X as many sports personalities as American Presidents. In the south, make that NASCAR drivers.

Sorry...

Evenin' Grumpy! :D

I think its probably very healthy that kids focus on sports instead of politics.

Greetings,
Mr. m. Evenin'...

200.webp

Only reason I'm watching Superbowl is so I can see Shakira,Jennifer Lopez and the new 1000 hp electric Hummer.

Only reason I'm watching Superbowl is so I can see Shakira,Jennifer Lopez and the new 1000 hp electric Hummer.

Tell me more about that electric hummer?

Tell me more about that electric hummer?

I was hoping that the commercial was going to show the truck but it was a teaser.

According to the email from GM, it will be all electric, 1000 hp and 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. That's all the information available.

The Hummer is competition to Tesla and Rivian electric trucks that are coming soon.

The Hummer truck is going on sale in 2021.

That's all I know.

Wifey B: Great game although haven't seen it all yet as it started at midnight so just replayed parts. J-Lo is amazing. Didn't mention game since TF is mostly not a sports group. We got up at 5:00 AM to watch much of it. Two very good teams and best team won. Happy for them all. :)

Greetings Mr. RTF. Is the chocolate on that cake made from Ex-Lax?

Jennifer Lopez is amazing.

And she is 50!!!!!

Shakira at 43 is no teenager either. She also is a great dancer in addition to playing guitar, harmonica and drums.

We watched the game at the Winjammer, a bar on the beach at Isle of Palms, SC. They closed the kitchen and sold drinks only. Everybody brought a pot luck dish.

We left after the half time show, disappointed that the Hummer commercial was another teaser. I have yet to see what this 1000 hp electric truck will look like.

I'm just into the National Felonies League(NFL)

The Brockerts

Greetings Mr. RTF. I'm not sure calling the NFL National Felonies League is a political statement. That "title" is older than the hills, but maybe it's older than Mr. TB and he's never heard it before. Shakin' my head.

Greetings,

Sorry...

Don't be.

Never watched myself and became an active anti-NFL person trying to persuade others to not watch when the game became a pawn for those with an axe to grind over our flag and other issues.

Same here. And this year I should have had my kids leave the room or changed channels for the half time show. I didn't know it was going to be a raunchy strip club performance. And sorry, JLo's edging up to that age where those antics are vaguely gross, like the "eww" reaction I have to Madonna now. Funny how pop culture female stars can act like strippers and they think that's "empowered" and dazzling.

I have 1,000 times more fun at my boys' peewee football games.

Same here. And this year I should have had my kids leave the room or changed channels for the half time show. I didn't know it was going to be a raunchy strip club performance. And sorry, JLo's edging up to that age where those antics are vaguely gross, like the "eww" reaction I have to Madonna now. Funny how pop culture female stars can act like strippers and they think that's "empowered" and dazzling.

I have 1,000 times more fun at my boys' peewee football games.

Wifey B: She didn't strip although I'm sure lots of fans would have loved seeing J-Lo naked. She is a dancer, it's how she started and came before acting and singing, but at heart will always be a dancer and she dances erotically and beautifully. I think incredibly talented and I loved the halftime show this year. Guess it's a different generation that I didn't even consider it raunchy and I like raunchy dancers.

I have very close friends who were strippers too, paid for their education doing it. One is now a doctor and one a CEO. As to her pole dancing, my friends can both do incredible things on poles, especially the smaller one of the two. I've tried it. Omg it's hard. I can climb and swing but that's it.

Oh, and, for the record, the halftime show had better ratings than the game, was a huge hit. I feel for the league planning halftime shows as any musician they choose will be disliked by a large part of the viewers, but they're trending toward Vegas and what we got this year was a Vegas show.

As a nearly 40 year old, I see J-Lo and her conditioning and I set that as a real challenge to myself to just come close to being in the physical condition she is by the time I reach 50. I think of her as showing the rest of us what is possible at 50.

So all this shows is that different ones of us have different views. :)

Hate to tell most of you, but you're no longer in their target demographics. :nonono: That may be why you feel alienated and I do understand that. I feel 21 and want to be 21 forever.

Here's the good news. Long ago in ancient days you had three television stations you could pick up and very little choice. Today you have 300 and tons of choices. All shows don't have to appeal to the masses. It creates space for Antique Roadshow or Food Network. I can watch a season of NBA and none of you have to see it. I'm sure some shows you guys really enjoy that I can't understand. Fishing shows would be at the top. I love to play tennis but have no desire to ever watch it on television. :ermm:

One final thought. Kids who saw the halftime show mostly enjoyed it, didn't judge, weren't offended. They saw the dancing skill and heard the music, didn't react to it like stripping. Please don't transfer your feelings to them and try to make it as if they saw something obscene. That's not what they saw. They've seen plenty of women wearing as little or less but not many women older than their mom who can dance like that. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom