Maybe You Should Check Your Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. 48. "...how much did you pay for your last pair of shoes?" You ACTUALLY asked your wife that question?

200.webp

Greetings,
Mr. 48. "...how much did you pay for your last pair of shoes?" You ACTUALLY asked your wife that question?

200.webp

WOW! Skating on REALLY thin ice there! You DO realize that the reason many women buy shoes is so that other women can't HAVE them, don't you?

WOW! Skating on REALLY thin ice there! You DO realize that the reason many women buy shoes is so that other women can't HAVE them, don't you?

�� I am lucky, my wife doesn't spend a great deal on clothing and I even less as I sit here wearing jeans from SOS and a long sleeve T shirt affair also from SOS. These are my dog walking clothes, complete with muddy paw prints on the jeans, most not my dog. I pay for my stuff, she pays for hers.

My wife goes to the town thrift shops a minimum of once a week. Gets a lot nice stuff there. Her current winter coat cost $1. It appeared to be brand new.

I have been involved in three house clearings: both parents and our own when we moved aboard. We all are familiar with how your stuff expands to fill the space available...
Bottom line: nobody wants your old stuff and if you have heirs do them a favor and get rid of it yourself, don’t dump it on them.

Apologies for going off topic, but post #22 triggered me.

Post #22 being oscar's, and I am in agreement with both of you.

Back to checking on one’s work: One of my first jobs was in the sports dept at a daily newspaper. The sports editor—who had a flask he drew from liberally every evening—was scrambling to get a photo into the first edition one night. The photo was a locker room shot showing jubilation after the team won the state championship and the editor didn’t notice that something else was showing . . . actually proudly hanging out the side of one of the larger player’s jock strap. The editor got an unexpected month’s vacation and after that used a magnifying glass on most of the pictures we ran.

Another from a classic wordsmith from work:
"You can't go in there Arch."
"Why not Frank?"
"Endangered species in the hallway."
"What?"
"Pedigreed falcon" :facepalm:

Yesterday a passed a car for a house cleaning company. It had advertising all over it. In the back corner they were proud to show that they accept most "MAYOR " credit cards.

Back
Top Bottom