Marvel Fridge/Freezers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi,
Does anyone have Marvel Fridges or Freezers on their boat? I’m thinking about adding a under counter fridge and under counter freezer from them. But since they mostly specialize in smaller fridges I don’t have any personal experience with their products.

Thanks
AC

I had a Marvel wine frig in my house. About 1 month after the 1 yr warranty expired the compressor went out. Like $500 on a $1,300 unit. Totally ridiculous.

I was just reading forum posts and reviews of DC units, which everyone seems to prefer on a boat. NovaKool seemed to have the best reviews in my unscientific survey.

I'm looking for a DC freezer for the lazarette if anyone wants to chime in (hopefully I'm not hijacking the thread!).

Not a bad idea to go with 12V although id have to run new power but easy to do. Thoughts on Isotherm? Their Cruise200 looks cool...

Nova Kool

Arthur

Give a PM and you can look at my Nova Kool 12/120 V unit. I can't recall if there is a need for a 12V line, the fridge has an inverter on it. We are in Van Isle, a short walk from your vessel

Tom

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom