Coffee for boating and small rant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
I will get the rant out of the way quickly. At our sister forum - Cruiser's Forum - they have a section called: Provisioning: Food & Drink. Why don't we have something like this here? The link I have provided goes directly to their provisioning sub forum for you to peruse at your convenience. I will often go to this sub forum when looking for provisioning ideas.

Cooking and Provisioning: Food & Drink - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

Coffee is a popular topic that pops up in their sub forums frequently so I thought I'd share this video by James Hoffman (espresso guru) on portable espresso makers for those looking for something different:

And one other option: (coffee humour)

And more coffee humour - Brad Pitt

I will get the rant out of the way quickly. At our sister forum - Cruiser's Forum - they have a section called: Provisioning: Food & Drink. Why don't we have something like this here? The link I have provided goes directly to their provisioning sub forum for you to peruse at your convenience. I will often go to this sub forum when looking for provisioning ideas.

Cooking and Provisioning: Food & Drink - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

Coffee is a popular topic that pops up in their sub forums frequently so I thought I'd share this video by James Hoffman (espresso guru) on portable espresso makers for those looking for something different:

And one other option: (coffee humour)

And more coffee humour - Brad Pitt

Do us a favor, if this guy reviews a trawler, resist the urge to post it.

Ted

We too are interested in provisioning. My wife thinks I'm over reacting when because we're down to 22lbs of coffee remaining . . . . and still have six or more weeks remaining on our current trip . . . .

Okay, maybe I'm over reacting just a LITTLE bit . . .:whistling:

Espresso on a trawler, what a great idea, I'll pass it on to James.

There is coffee, and then there are seemingly an infinite number of coffee flavored drinks people enjoy. :popcorn:

Coffee grounds + nearly boiling water = coffee can be made in several ways of varying water heating. :thumb:

On a boat there could be a few standard methods or even some ingenious methods involving engine heat. :D

I get up very early - a couple hours before my wife so one cup {quiet} brewing is great. We used a Keurig for a several years. While the pods have a long shelf life, they take a lot of space both storage and disposal. Plus they are expensive.

A couple years ago, we purchased an Aeropress - essentially a French Press for one cup. We also have a small 0.5L electric tea kettle. Much easier to clean than a true French Press, and very compact. We use vacuum bricks of Bustelo Cuban coffee which have an insanely long shelf life and are super easy to store.

If you like very strong European style coffee, and are okay with one cup at a time, or you have space constraints, Aeropress can't be beat.

https://aeropress.com/products/aeropress-coffee-maker
Screenshot_20220710-143919_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom